Poll: What model should I go for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
200 today
24.14%
7 24.14%
130 in three months
0%
0 0%
220 in six months
65.52%
19 65.52%
Something else
10.34%
3 10.34%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130, 220 or 200, what would you do?
Thanks for the all responses. It makes a lot of sense and I can't wait to try out some options.

Regarding second hand 220's, would you consider any difference between an original 220 pro, vs an upgraded 200?
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(17-Apr-2017, 16:47)rchinn Wrote: Thanks for the all responses. It makes a lot of sense and I can't wait to try out some options.

Regarding second hand 220's, would you consider any difference between an original 220 pro, vs an upgraded 200?

No difference, with an upgraded 200 you only keep the case and the WiFi board
the main board is brand new.

I would look out for a used 220Pro factory new or upgraded they are the same inside.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(17-Apr-2017, 17:51)BrianT Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 16:47)rchinn Wrote: Thanks for the all responses. It makes a lot of sense and I can't wait to try out some options.

No difference, with an upgraded 200 you only keep the case and the WiFi board
the main board is brand new.

I would look out for a used 220Pro factory new or upgraded they are the same inside.

Brian

Agreed.  All the upgraded 200s had their 5 year warranty clock restarted and the warranties are fully transferrable.   So as long as it's in good shape and works, you should have no fears with buying used.   Note also that there were  (are?) "B stock" 220 Pros available (I own one).   They are equally identical with no issues whatsoever.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Never saw those (or anything about them).

Did they say why they were B stock? And was it Devialet or a dealers B stock?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Apr-2017, 20:29)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Never saw those (or anything about them).

Did they say why they were B stock? And was it Devialet or a dealers B stock?

I'm not sure of the details, but when the Pros were first made available, my dealer told me he had a 220 Pro (B) stock available at a better price than a brand new 220 Pro.   He indicated that they looked brand new, sounded brand new and carried the same warranty as a brand new one.   I bought it and the box arrived with a "220 Pro (B)" label so definitely marked as such by Devialet.   It wasn't clear what made them B stock.  Absolutely clean - no blemishes or issues of any kind.  Perhaps they had previously been 200s that had been upgraded.  Dunno.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
I'd go either of two ways, having owned a 200 and 220 Pro (and 400 & 440 Pro):

1. Wait six months and buy a new 220 Pro.
2. Buy a second hand mint 220 Pro with a long guarantee.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hmmm, I recall seeing a post somewhere that suggested that the price of the Pros will go up once the new OS/streaming board is ready and integrated into the new Pros. Perhaps just conjecture, but something to be aware of if postponing the purchase of a new Pro. Of course, at the rate Devialet is moving, that could easily be more than 6 months out.
Durham, NC USA
(17-Apr-2017, 10:52)rchinn Wrote: I've been researching the purchase of a new amplifier and have come to the conclusion a Devialet would be a great fit for me.

The only challenging factor is price, I was planning on spending about €3K but going Devialet will require spending more (for more reward).

Looking around, I can purchase the following:

130 = €6000 new
220 = €7300 new
200 = €3500 very good second hand

I have enough to buy the 200 now. I could wait a few months and buy the 130, or wait six or so months and get the 220. What would you do?

My speakers are B&W 683 S2. I'll likely change them in a few years time, but extra power seems to get better results out of them. And I like the flexibility a 220 gives me if I wanted to go 440 even later on. Also resale prices aren't holding so well, so I think I'd end up taking a bit of a hit if I went 130 and then decided to upgrade to 220.

Any feedback and advice, greatly appreciated.

Just buy 200 for 3500 Euro. Great offer if it is a really in mint condition.

After buying 200 listen it with different firmwares and find a right one for Your speakers. For 683 Devialet 200 is more than enough.
Just closing the loop on this thread, I ended up buying a second hand 220 Pro today. Got a good deal which saved a few months waiting to afford a new one, and its in super condition.

I've posted the set-up here, but its early days and great fun to play around with:
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4202

Thanks for the majority nudge toward the 220 ;-)
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Good to hear you're sorted - hope you're enjoying the 220!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK