Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
140 & 210 pro?!
(04-Jul-2018, 06:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Interesting. But surely it’s physically impossible for the current hardware to run as dual mono as it doesn’t  have two lots of the key components. Unless they’ve managed to segment them somehow in firmware?

Would require a new board design I think. The speaker minus is common for the two channels today so full dual mono in one box similar to monoblocks would be four amps in one chassis.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I also realise I didn’t read the linked articles, I assumed the new model was something groundbreaking - dual mono in single box - but it’s actually just a cheaper lower powered 440.

So the 440s will probably be devalued now as there’s a lower entry point into dual mono.

The others are probably firmware power updates but as usual the 250 will be stuck at 250.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-Jul-2018, 07:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I also realise I didn’t read the linked articles, I assumed the new model was something groundbreaking - dual mono in single box - but it’s actually just a cheaper lower powered 440.  

So the 440s will probably be devalued now as there’s a lower entry point into dual mono.

The others are probably firmware power updates but as usual the 250 will be stuck at 250.

You having a cup half empty day today then Big Grin  Are you going to Oxford Audio next week?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(04-Jul-2018, 07:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I also realise I didn’t read the linked articles, I assumed the new model was something groundbreaking - dual mono in single box - but it’s actually just a cheaper lower powered 440.  

I suspect this will actually increase the standing and value of the 440.  Consider that prior to this week the 440 Pro was the "bottom of the range", "entry level" dual mono amplifier.  Enter the 210 Pro and the 440 Pro is now the "middle of the range" dual mono product, or you could say the "sweet spot" dual mono amplifier, or indeed "the one from the top of the range" dual mono product.  On other threads the power of expectation and confirmation bias has been mentioned.  440 Pro owners will now be able to listen firm in the knowledge that they now have the "sweet spot" "one from top of the range" dual mono super amp, not the "bottom of the range" one they used to have.  With the enormous power of expectation and confirmation bias invoked, this will make the 400 Pro's genuinely sound better.  it's all good! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I have to wonder just who determines which Experts get which numbers... The *ONLY* thing that makes sense so far is 440=220+220.

The other thing that's strange in that link is that the pic of the 250 Pro is of a dual-mono system - likely a 1000 Pro.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(04-Jul-2018, 16:31)mdconnelly Wrote: I have to wonder just who determines which Experts get which numbers...  The *ONLY* thing that makes sense so far is 440=220+220.  

Yuh, its pretty confusing.
Why not just have a 280 being dual 140.

I guess all will be revealed at the Oxford Audio event, where we'll be shown there's a perfectly sensible, strategic and logical plan Devialet's end. Looking forward to being blown away.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Remember this one? :

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-In-dual-...t=bridging
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(04-Jul-2018, 17:25)Confused Wrote: Remember this one? :

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-In-dual-...t=bridging

Certainly do.

But we know a 220 can handle going up to a 440 in dual mono. The 130/140 case is the same as the 220, so unless the components are different/poorer, then you'd assume they could easily go from 140 to 280 in dual mono in that chassis. There has been plenty of discussion about the 250 being able to go to 1000 because of the more advanced case/heatsink etc, so that's a different scenario. But I'm sure all will become clear soon enough. Doesn't affect me, am more curious as to their logic since it couldn't be more confusing - especially for anyone considering the brand for the first time.

Selfishly all I really hope is they work out getting the power of the 250 up!

Am I reading this right, the 210 costs more than the 220, and has the drawback of being in two boxes and no upgrade path?

Was 210 chosen as it's less than 220, or is it a thermal or power supply limitation?

Who thinks the 130 upgrades with new firmware?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Also, the 140 seems to be about 1000€/$/CHF cheaper than the 130, I wonder why that is?