Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 Pro seems to be dead / no power
Bug 
When I changed the position of my setup slightly and unplugged an replugged by audio devices I suddenly realized the 220 Pro CI no longer responds to the power cable (normally there is a red light shining on the back).

Did anyone of you experience the same?
Seems rather odd, to state the obvious, have you tried a different power lead / checked the fuse?
I tried a different power cord. And also on a different wall socket.
No idea where the fuse is on the Devialet to check though.
Sorry, I was being all British and meant the fuse in the plug  Smile  If it's the internal fuse that's blown I think that will be a Devialet job unfortunately.
Plug something else into the power point just to check it’s working.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Yes the wall socket is working
Completely dead?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Yep unfortunately. Front button not reacting - but as there is no red light on the back signaling it’s on / got power, I also have no idea what to try.
I think @Laura was on to it. The mains fuse of the amp is soldered on the circuit board close to the inlet ( it used to be like this anyway).
If the fuse is blown the big question is WHY? Was it a voltage peak when you turned the amp on? Maybe the fuse was bad and broke too easily? Or it might be an internal fault. If you remove the bottom cover you'd easily see the fuse if it is placed where it used to be. Using a simple ohm-meter across the fuse will tell if it is OK or not. Either way there is not much you can do other than bring the amp to an authorised service workshop or send it to Paris.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Have the same problem with my 220-Master after just upgradet vom D400 to Pro.

The Master works quiet well for one week and since yesterday the amp turns off after 3 seconds in the same way Markus described, when I plugged in the main cord (yes, i have tried several power cords and wall sockets as well)

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT/v.d.H Colibri XGP LW
Germany