Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
440 Pro warmer than 220 Pro - Even in Standby
This is baloney, the companion is exactly the same as the master, no different at all, I have X 220 running in dual mono, don’t believe the hype.
(10-Apr-2020, 17:29)Musicmanlv Wrote: This is baloney, the companion is exactly the same as the master, no different at all, I have X 220 running in dual mono, don’t believe the hype.

How do you have your Master/Companion connected?   Are you using a trigger cable?  Do you have low-power or sleep delay disabled?

I can confirm - for me - that by enabling an input on the Companion in the configurator and then using the trigger cable, the Companion runs cooler when in low power or sleep.   Of course, when they are use, both run at pretty much the same temp.   I believe that by using the trigger cable, the Companion is allowed to go into a deeper sleep requiring less power.   Of course, if you keep both Master & Companion active at all times (i.e. disabled low-power-delay and disabled sleep delay), then you won't see a temp difference.    I also note that when both Master & Companion are asleep, the process of startup when using the trigger cable is quicker for the Companion...  

And, for what it's worth, I don't hear any difference between using a config with a trigger cable or not using the trigger cable (config with no inputs enabled on Companion).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(10-Apr-2020, 18:41)mdconnelly Wrote:
(10-Apr-2020, 17:29)Musicmanlv Wrote: This is baloney, the companion is exactly the same as the master, no different at all, I have X 220 running in dual mono, don’t believe the hype.

How do you have your Master/Companion connected?   Are you using a trigger cable?  Do you have low-power or sleep delay disabled?

I can confirm - for me - that by enabling an input on the Companion in the configurator and then using the trigger cable, the Companion runs cooler when in low power or sleep.   Of course, when they are use, both run at pretty much the same temp.   I believe that by using the trigger cable, the Companion is allowed to go into a deeper sleep requiring less power.   Of course, if you keep both Master & Companion active at all times (i.e. disabled low-power-delay and disabled sleep delay), then you won't see a temp difference.    I also note that when both Master & Companion are asleep, the process of startup when using the trigger cable is quicker for the Companion...  

And, for what it's worth, I don't hear any difference between using a config with a trigger cable or not using the trigger cable (config with no inputs enabled on Companion).
I actually bought both units as standard 220 expert pros separately, so I have X2 remote controls. 

i bought a decent trigger cabled and have it connected so that when I turn it on I don’t ha e to turn the other on separately and can take advantage of the extra inputs on the second Unit. Sleep is turned off as I also use it as part of a Cinema surroundsound set up, as used to power off when using it in time mode after a while. It’s configured as a bypass on line in 1.

but honestly I couldn’t here the difference hearing it in dual mono and running a single Devialet, I think it’s all snake oil. 

I’m running it with a pair of Kef Ref 3 and Sarum T speak cable. Connected I have a Roon Nucleus + Michelle Orb with an SME V arm and a Dynavector Systems DRT XV-1s, also a reference CD 9
SE.

hope this helps.
(10-Apr-2020, 18:41)mdconnelly Wrote:

I actually bought both units as standard 220 expert pros separately, so I have X2 remote controls. 

i bought a decent trigger cabled and have it connected so that when I turn it on I don’t ha e to turn the other on separately and can take advantage of the extra inputs on the second Unit.

but honestly I couldn’t here the difference hearing it in dual mono and running a single Devialet, I think it’s all snake oil. 

I’m running it with a pair of Kef Ref 3 and Sarum T speak cable. Connected I have a Roon Nucleus + Michelle Orb with an SME V arm and a Dynavector Systems DRT XV-1s, also a reference CD 9
SE.

hope this helps.
In generell, the lower the temperature the better?
How are you using the Devialet in line-in / Surround setup Mode?
(10-Apr-2020, 22:24)markush Wrote: In generell, the lower the temperature the better?
How are you using the Devialet in line-in / Surround setup Mode?
I’ve set line in 1 as a bypass, so the Devialet doesn’t control the volume, the Arcam 850 AVR controls the volume in the configuration when line in 1 is selected.
Me too, what passthrough value did you set? -15, 0,.. ?
I'm doing the same thing... running my front L/R channel pre-outs from my HT receiver (Sherwood R972) to Devialet inputs set as bypass. I started with the default -15 volume passthrough but found that the volume balance during test worked better at -5 so there I left it. Works and sounds great.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(11-Apr-2020, 14:09)markush Wrote: Me too, what passthrough value did you set? -15, 0,.. ?
(11-Apr-2020, 21:02)mdconnelly Wrote: I'm doing the same thing... running my  front L/R channel pre-outs from my HT receiver (Sherwood R972) to Devialet inputs set as bypass.  I started with the default -15 volume passthrough but found that the volume balance during test worked better at -5 so there I left it.  Works and sounds great.
I calibrated my soround sound system with Dirac Live, it puts tones and white noise through all the speakers to set up the levels and eq for the room, I had to set it to 15db to get enough level for the calibration mic to pic it up, it all sound perfect now.