Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR
Could I impose on any willing member(s) to help me set up wireless streaming with AIR? I'm running a 2015 iMac  with El Capitan. I have downloaded the current version of firmware on my Devialet 120 and AIR on my iMac. I opened the Configurator and entered the needed info to access my wifi network ( Apple Airport Extreme ) The display on my Devialet 120 shows the wifi icon. I usually connect to my 120 with usb which works well. I can open the AIR program on my iMac which also shows the wifi icon along with mac address. What I can't seem to figure out is how to get a streaming program such as iTunes to link with AIR. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
I don't have a Mac now, but if I remember correctly, first click on the AIR icon on the top right, and activate AIR. Make sure you have the setting for WASAPI for iTunes. By right, your D120 will automatically change source to Wifi or Ethernet. If not, just select source on your D120 to Wifi or Ethernet. Finally, just play music on iTunes, and you should be streaming to D120.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

As I have mentionned in the post about El Capitan, the last version of Air is only compatible with Yosemite. Maybe it could be the origin of your difficulty.
Devialet 1000Pro > Leedh E2, subwoofer 20.1 > Esprit Volta cables > Mac-mini with Air wifi > Wilson Benesch full Circle
(18-Oct-2015, 13:06)patcam Wrote: As I have mentionned in the post about El Capitan, the last version of Air is only compatible with Yosemite. Maybe it could be the origin of your difficulty.

I'm currently using AIR with el Capitan and it is better than with Yosemite et even better than with Mavericks. 

It still have the occasional stuttering, but much less often than before. 

Also, what made a real improvement was to track down and disable all the automated update daemons (Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Java, Firefox, etc...)

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Got it going finally! thanks for the support. I'm using El Capitan and iTunes. Haven't tried other players yet such as Audirvana. Any of you tried other players?
(18-Oct-2015, 16:18)avta Wrote: Got it going finally! thanks for the support. I'm using El Capitan and iTunes. Haven't tried other players yet such as Audirvana. Any of you tried other players?

I'm using either iTunes for the music I have locally or spotify.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(18-Oct-2015, 20:26)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(18-Oct-2015, 16:18)avta Wrote: Got it going finally! thanks for the support. I'm using El Capitan and iTunes. Haven't tried other players yet such as Audirvana. Any of you tried other players?

I'm using either iTunes for the music I have locally or spotify.

I notice you use an ethernet connection. Do you connect your Devialet directly to your computer as it seems in your system diagram? I ask because I have been unable to get my system to play using ethernet ( Mac Mini running El Capitan ). Devialet Support told me I must connect my 120 to the router however their own help page says otherwise. Any thoughts?
(27-Oct-2015, 19:15)avta Wrote: I notice you use an ethernet connection. Do you connect your Devialet directly to your computer as it seems in your system diagram? I ask because I have been unable to get my system to play using ethernet ( Mac Mini running El Capitan ). Devialet Support told me I must connect my 120 to the router however their own help page says otherwise. Any thoughts?

If you connect the Devialet directly to your computer you'll probably need to configure them both to use fixed IP addresses (rather than DHCP), at least for the directly-connected interfaces.  The IP addresses must be on the same subnet; for example, you could choose subnet 192.168.2.x in which case addresses like 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.2.2 should work.

In general connecting both the Devialet and the computer to a router would be easier to set up.  In that case you'd configure the network interfaces to get their addresses automatically from the router using DHCP and you wouldn't (normally) have to worry about what addresses they use.  That should be the default configuration both for the Devialet and your computer.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(27-Oct-2015, 20:28)thumb5 Wrote:
(27-Oct-2015, 19:15)avta Wrote: I notice you use an ethernet connection. Do you connect your Devialet directly to your computer as it seems in your system diagram? I ask because I have been unable to get my system to play using ethernet ( Mac Mini running El Capitan ). Devialet Support told me I must connect my 120 to the router however their own help page says otherwise. Any thoughts?

If you connect the Devialet directly to your computer you'll probably need to configure them both to use fixed IP addresses (rather than DHCP), at least for the directly-connected interfaces.  The IP addresses must be on the same subnet; for example, you could choose subnet 192.168.2.x in which case addresses like 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.2.2 should work.

In general connecting both the Devialet and the computer to a router would be easier to set up.  In that case you'd configure the network interfaces to get their addresses automatically from the router using DHCP and you wouldn't (normally) have to worry about what addresses they use.  That should be the default configuration both for the Devialet and your computer.
Thanks for the information. Where do I find those settings in order to change them per your instructions?
(28-Oct-2015, 14:56)avta Wrote: Thanks for the information. Where do I find those settings in order to change them per your instructions?

In the case of the Devialet: in the configurator, select the drop-down menu for the Ethernet input.  Expand the Advanced Settings.  Select DHCP OFF, then enter your chosen IP address in the Fixed IP field.  The netmask should generally be set to match the IP address class - if you're using an address like 192.x.x.x, for example, it should be set to 255.255.255.0.

On the PC, you should use the procedure recommended by Microsoft depending on your version of Windows - for example: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windo...=windows-7.  You'll need to know which interface corresponds to your Ethernet connection, of course.  You'll be changing the TCP/IP IPv4 properties.  The key point is to select "Use the following IP address" which will de-select "Obtain an IP address automatically".  Then enter the IP address and netmask (the gateway can be left blank).

ETA: sorry, just noticed you're using a Mac.  It's the same principle as above, but Apple provide these instructions: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18459?locale=en_US.

Remember that you'll be using different IP addresses for the Devialet and computer but the first three numbers should be the same, and the netmask will be 255.255.255.0 for both.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK