Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR
Thank you very much
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(27-Oct-2015, 19:15)avta Wrote:
(18-Oct-2015, 20:26)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(18-Oct-2015, 16:18)avta Wrote: Got it going finally! thanks for the support. I'm using El Capitan and iTunes. Haven't tried other players yet such as Audirvana. Any of you tried other players?

I'm using either iTunes for the music I have locally or spotify.

I notice you use an ethernet connection. Do you connect your Devialet directly to your computer as it seems in your system diagram? I ask because I have been unable to get my system to play using ethernet ( Mac Mini running El Capitan ). Devialet Support told me I must connect my 120 to the router however their own help page says otherwise. Any thoughts?
No I'm not having a direct ethernet cable between my mac and the Devialet.

My Mac is connected to a Airport Access point using WiFi. The Airport is itself connected to a DLAN PLC device. The Devialet is connected through an Ethernet cable to an other PLC device.

The reason why Devialet Support recommends you to connect the D120 to a router is because, unless you change de configuration of the D120 to use a static IP address that you then need to configure in the configurator, the D120 will need a DHCP server to get an IP address assigned to it.

One trick though is to use the internet connection sharing. Assuming your Mac Mini is connected to your network / router / box using WiFi and that you are dedicating the Ethernet port to a direct connection with the D120, if you turn on internet connection sharing in the system preferences and ask to share your WiFi connection with the Ethernet Connection, then the Mac Mini will act as a DHCP server and will assign an IP address to the D120.
I know that this trick works perfectly because it is what I used when I went to my dealer to select and try my speakers: I brought in my laptop, connected the D120 to my laptop with a direct ethernet cable. Nothing was working until I realize that I needed a DHCP server. I activated Internet sharing and boom it worked like a charm.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(29-Oct-2015, 02:55)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(27-Oct-2015, 19:15)avta Wrote:
(18-Oct-2015, 20:26)Jean-Marie Wrote: I'm using either iTunes for the music I have locally or spotify.

I notice you use an ethernet connection. Do you connect your Devialet directly to your computer as it seems in your system diagram? I ask because I have been unable to get my system to play using ethernet ( Mac Mini running El Capitan ). Devialet Support told me I must connect my 120 to the router however their own help page says otherwise. Any thoughts?
No I'm not having a direct ethernet cable between my mac and the Devialet.

My Mac is connected to a Airport Access point using WiFi. The Airport is itself connected to a DLAN PLC device. The Devialet is connected through an Ethernet cable to an other PLC device.

The reason why Devialet Support recommends you to connect the D120 to a router is because, unless you change de configuration of the D120 to use a static IP address that you then need to configure in the configurator, the D120 will need a DHCP server to get an IP address assigned to it.

One trick though is to use the internet connection sharing. Assuming your Mac Mini is connected to your network / router / box using WiFi and that you are dedicating the Ethernet port to a direct connection with the D120, if you turn on internet connection sharing in the system preferences and ask to share your WiFi connection with the Ethernet Connection, then the Mac Mini will act as a DHCP server and will assign an IP address to the D120.
I know that this trick works perfectly because it is what I used when I went to my dealer to select and try my speakers: I brought in my laptop, connected the D120 to my laptop with a direct ethernet cable. Nothing was working until I realize that I needed a DHCP server. I activated Internet sharing and boom it worked like a charm.

Jean-Marie

Brilliant! Worked like a charm. Sounds pretty nice. I'm trying to compare Ethernet with USB. Any impressions of your own re this?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(29-Oct-2015, 16:48)avta Wrote: [...]
Brilliant! Worked like a charm. Sounds pretty nice. I'm trying to compare Ethernet with USB. Any impressions of your own re this?

No, because I'm on a laptop, wired connection is not my cup of tea, and as long as WiFi and Ethernet Air is working for me, this is more convenient.

So I never did any comparison test. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you there.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France