Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
(15-May-2016, 18:57)f1eng Wrote: AIR 3.0 doesn't switch sample rate any more. When I play a 96/24 file with Air 3.0 it plays as 44/16 if I don't manually change the sample rate to 96/24 in Audio Midi setup, then if I play a 44/16 next it upsamples it to 96/24 unless, yet again, I manually correct it.
AIR 2.1 works as it should with the file being recognised and played at its correct sample rate.

I wonder if that is what has 'fixed' AIR.

They previously had some code to override the Audio MIDI settings and now they have taken it out.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(16-May-2016, 10:33)canyelles Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 18:57)f1eng Wrote: AIR 3.0 doesn't switch sample rate any more. When I play a 96/24 file with Air 3.0 it plays as 44/16 if I don't manually change the sample rate to 96/24 in Audio Midi setup, then if I play a 44/16 next it upsamples it to 96/24 unless, yet again, I manually correct it.
AIR 2.1 works as it should with the file being recognised and played at its correct sample rate.

They previously had some code to override the Audio MIDI settings and now they have taken it out.

In my setup AIR 3 does correct changing of sample rates. Playing from Roon over Wifi to D200. So says the Display of the D200.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria

Is this when playing through iTunes only? With Audirvana Plus 1.5.12 as long as I deselect Direct Mode and Integer mode in preferences it doesn't seem to have issues with changing bitrates. If I select those two options the music will just stop in between two tracks with different bitrates.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
[quote pid='41115' dateline='1463335039']
Settings to use:

Exclusive Mode
Integer Mode
Max HW Buffer Size
Power-of-2 HW Buffer

Then, 500mS (or 1000mS) AIR delay, and 0.1s Roon Resync delay.

Thanks to the work carried out by Jnan_devi and others!

[/quote]

0.0" Roon Resync Delay is  enough. No delay necessary. Playing for hours now without hitch.
Hello,

this is also major problem for my setup: iTunes >> AIR via ETH >> Devialet 120

I hope they will include the 'Enable iTunes Bit Perfect' setting in AIR 3.0 final release.

regards,

Knud

---
Devialet Expert 220 pro (Upgrade from LE 120), SAM on (100%), DPM off
USB
Macbook Air (4GB RAM), 2TB SSD via Thunderbolt
Audirvana+ 3.x in iTunes-Mode
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews YellO Power to wall socket
Russ Andrews X6 Block
(16-May-2016, 06:20)baddog Wrote: Is your D200 connected via ethernet or WiFi?

(16-May-2016, 06:25)hk6230 Wrote:
(16-May-2016, 06:10)Mr_Bill Wrote: Hi all,
New Devialet 200 user here.
I am trying Air for the first time:
I have installed Air3 on my macbook air
I have also installed a beta version 2.14 on my desktop windows 10 computer

I see the little Air icon, but there is not much in settings and on both units it says 'streaming is disabled' and there is no way to change or toggle this.
I tried selecting the Devialet Air as the output device in my speakers but that didn't help either.  I get no music out of the Devialet with either.  I really don't know how to stream.  I'm trying to stream Tidal or Pandora or a service.
I must be doing something very obviously wrong as a first time user!
Help please!!

(I have configured Air on my Dev 200 SD card.)

On your Le200, when you selected Wifi as source, can you see the signal strength (fan-like logo) on the Le200's display?
If yes, then your Le200's AIR-Wifi is configured correctly. If not, then maybe your wifi router is too far from your Le200.

I do see the wifi on the display of the 200 - yes.
Disable Devialet Air is checked in the little window on my computer but I don't see my 200 in the list to check. That seems to be my main problem. I have checked to output to Devialet Air in my computer speaker selection too.

I have wifi and can see the wifi in the little 200 window.

Disable Devialet Air is checked in the little window on my computer but I don't see my 200 in the list to check. That seems to be my main problem. I have checked to output to Devialet Air in my computer speaker selection too.
(16-May-2016, 16:38)Mr_Bill Wrote:

I have wifi and can see the wifi in the little 200 window.

Disable Devialet Air is checked in the little window on my computer but I don't see my 200 in the list to check.  That seems to be my main problem.  I have checked to output to Devialet Air in my computer speaker selection too.

Hi

Make sure that AIR on your Windows machine is not running!!

Only 1 computer can attach to the D200 at a time ( as I once discovered....)
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Also make sure wifi showing in the Devialet window is white and not orange. Orange means there is no connection.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(16-May-2016, 18:06)kerkhoffd Wrote: Also make sure wifi showing in the Devialet window is white and not orange. Orange means there is no connection.

Its white so that is good.

Also, I'll make sure Air is running on one machine only.