Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
Nothing about the Mac version either.....
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(01-Jun-2016, 06:51)NickB Wrote: Nothing about the Mac version either.....

I think this is the more important point.  If it wasn't for the dropbox "leak", we'd all still be wondering where Devialet was with fixing AIR.   Very strange way of communicating with customers.  No doubt they are working on AIR 3 for Windows but I'm not holding my breath.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yes, not holding our breath but waiting for something new from Devialet, it's a long time without firmware upgrades, AIR upgrades....
We have nothing to play with Smile the weather is bad in Europe, we have time available!!!!
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(24-May-2016, 16:31)actx76092 Wrote: I have been using AIR 2.1.3 on a Windows 10 machine for 8 months or so with no issues. . .

Hi ACTX76092,

do you have any specific setup of your WIN 10 PC (i.e. Update Disabled, Windows Defender diabled...) or using it standard?
I did try standard and various other options and always AIR either stopping after a few minutes (30 max) or WIN restarting with Blue Screen

As it seems no movement on BETA side trying to find a workaround for the issue and make ais 2.3.1 working on WIN10 in the interim :-(

Thanks,
Harald
(26-May-2016, 10:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(21-May-2016, 09:18)Womaz Wrote: AIR always sounded great to me ......for the 20 minutes or so I actually got to listen to it before the white noise.

Pleased for you guys that have been so patient and I hope it works for you. Me I have moved on and won't go back to AIR as I wasted far too much time on it.

Just to add though it's not only Devialet that frustrate. When I bought the Melco nearly 8 months ago now I was told the app was imminent :-)

Womaz, perhaps you should ask Melco if they're 'feverishly' working on it right now - it might give a better idea of when it's likely to appear... Smile

All well with the Olympica's?

I have been told the Melco app is very close, but I cant really add any more than that.

The Olympicas are excellent and I am really pleased with them. I am not one who looks for continual improvement as I have stated before so I would imagine my current system will now serve me for years.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(03-Jun-2016, 09:47)hahe Wrote:
(24-May-2016, 16:31)actx76092 Wrote: I have been using AIR 2.1.3 on a Windows 10 machine for 8 months or so with no issues. . .

Hi ACTX76092,

do you have any specific setup of your WIN 10 PC (i.e. Update Disabled, Windows Defender diabled...) or using it standard?
I did try standard and various other options and always AIR either stopping after a few minutes (30 max) or WIN restarting with Blue Screen

As it seems no movement on BETA side trying to find a workaround for the issue and make ais 2.3.1 working on WIN10 in the interim :-(

Thanks,
Harald

I didn't do much...I uninstalled the "crapware" from the mfg. I disabled auto updates by editing the registry (in Windows 10 you can't just check a box.. .), and the only things running are Roon Server and Devialet AIR 2.1.3. PC and D400 are in the same AV closet, music is stored on a NAS in another part of the house. I wish I could identify why it always works. . .it just does.
(03-Jun-2016, 14:26)actx76092 Wrote:
(03-Jun-2016, 09:47)hahe Wrote:

Hi ACTX76092,

Thanks,
Harald

I didn't do much...I uninstalled the "crapware" from the mfg.  I disabled auto updates by editing the registry (in Windows 10 you can't just check a box.. .), and the only things running are Roon Server and Devialet AIR 2.1.3.  PC and D400 are in the same AV closet, music is stored on a NAS in another part of the house.  I wish I could identify why it always works. . .it just does.

2.1.3 on windows 10 works for me without any problems. The only feature I am missing is, that the driver cannot stream to multiple Experts providing different sound interfaces to the OS.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(03-Jun-2016, 15:01)Mka Wrote:
(03-Jun-2016, 14:26)actx76092 Wrote:
(03-Jun-2016, 09:47)hahe Wrote: Hi ACTX76092,

Thanks,
Harald

I didn't do much...I uninstalled the "crapware" from the mfg.  I disabled auto updates by editing the registry (in Windows 10 you can't just check a box.. .), and the only things running are Roon Server and Devialet AIR 2.1.3.  PC and D400 are in the same AV closet, music is stored on a NAS in another part of the house.  I wish I could identify why it always works. . .it just does.

2.1.3 on windows 10 works for me without any problems. The only feature I am missing is, that the driver cannot stream to multiple Experts providing different sound interfaces to the OS.

Thanks for the Info,

did also try earlier to disable auto updates for windows and market place plus defender via registry and still not working.
As there seems to be a lot of movement on windows itself via updates will try again with the most current version and regedit...

Kind regards, Harald
I had a grumpy day at work the other day and reopened a case about the android app falling over since android 6 came out, which they still have not fixed, also complained about a few other things and I got this response about Air and windows 10...

Quote:About AIR as you may have seen we are working on it. AIR 3 beta is in testing at the moment we speak, the final release should be for this summer.
It would be the same situation for win 10 drivers.

And about the android app...

Quote:I can however say that there will not be an update of the app in the next 4 months.

So my guess is they are planning for October.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
There seems to be an AIR 3.0 beta for Windows around...
Buggy though.
Gimme gimme!!

Beta version of Devialet AIR (White noise)
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)