Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
(19-Jun-2016, 07:54)Cylob Wrote: There seems to be an AIR 3.0 beta for Windows around...
Buggy though.
Gimme gimme!!

Beta version of Devialet AIR (White noise)

Doesn't sound encouraging, I must say. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Depressing even!
Big Grin 
Manic by now...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
No, does not look encouraging! Strange also, I thought the page on Devialet's website was for the 'public' beta versions, that is, versions deemed good enough for release to the public. A while back I was given some beta versions of AIR, with instructions of what data Devialet wanted back in return during 'white noise' events and similar, and all this was done privately. It seams very odd for someone to be given a beta version (maybe we should say an alpha version?) then to basically trash it in public. Oh dear! I'm sure this is not what Devialet had in mind.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Am I being thick, or has something been taken down, I only see the old beta 4 for Windows at the link.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(19-Jun-2016, 12:18)Soniclife Wrote: Am I being thick, or has something been taken down, I only see the old beta 4 for Windows at the link.

Have a look at the comments (page 2)
Devialet 220 pro CI - Surface 4 pro / Dirac / Roon / AIR - Kuzma Stabi S / Hana SL - PMC Fact 8
(19-Jun-2016, 15:25)Ron McKernan Wrote:
(19-Jun-2016, 12:18)Soniclife Wrote: Am I being thick, or has something been taken down, I only see the old beta 4 for Windows at the link.

Thanks, I was indeed being thick.  Does this qualify me to work on fixing Air?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(20-Jun-2016, 12:40)Soniclife Wrote:
(19-Jun-2016, 15:25)Ron McKernan Wrote:

No, you appear to be capable of communicating with people, this clearly disqualifies you from working on AIR.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Jun-2016, 12:50)Confused Wrote:
(20-Jun-2016, 12:40)Soniclife Wrote:
(19-Jun-2016, 15:25)Ron McKernan Wrote: Have a look at the comments (page 2)

No, you appear to be capable of communicating with people, this clearly disqualifies you from working on AIR.

This version on page 2 is not a new beta version for windoze. I have had this in use for nearly a year. It is more stable, than 2.1.3 (beta) however there are still white noise issues when changing bit rate from time to time and when the MS OS updates in the background. More of a windoze issue I would suggest than a problem with the Air app. You have to appreciate that it is a major headache for any third party developer to integrate their software with Microsoft OS.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
My mistake, for some reason this has the same file designation as the last Air beta. When I dropped it into the folder Windows said it was a duplicate file name, But I can tell you there is a noticeable improvement, though there appears to be a bug which conflicts with PC sound card output in JRiver. It says that Air has to be in bit perfect mode and you get a pop up notice and the app greys out. I have managed to somehow bypass this as I use Air Kernel Air streaming function in JRiver, which to my ear sounds more natural and analogue in its presentation, probably meaning that the treble is rolled off.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
Rumour has it that there is a version 3 beta floating around for windows? Is anyone able to confirm this. 

No matter which version I use with windows 10 i get BSOD's using Foobar2000 - Irrespective of streaming service used.

If version 3 doesn't stop the crashing i'm going to format and put windows 7 back on.