Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
This is excellent news ... But when Quentin talks about using the current AIR3 beta with success is he talking about the one which is currently publicly available or a newer beta? I realise it's beta software and hopefully we can join in with reporting any bugs (if any). I guess we'll find out in a week or so.
Must say that I didn't expect to receive a response but it is clear that Devialet scored very well tonight. Unfortunately, now I have to cancel my trip to Paris Smile On a serious note : I really hope I'll never have to resort to desperate measures like this again.

I'll leave the petition online for a couple of weeks so interested people can see the answer, but I'll remove it by August 15th so the new product launch will not be impacted.

Thanks to everyone for your support!
Well done George!

That response was much more about General communication than just AIR. It's a very good sign and I'm looking forward to the future with my Devialet's.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Seams to be easy to impress and convince you guys?! Of course a nice step into the right direction. BUT right in time for Devialet to boost the sale of their upgrades. A prankster who thinks evil doing ;-) I mean: it´s easy to excuse and renounce the previous wrongdoing with some good news with them. AND NOTE: they were talking about new AIR coming mid of July - August latest. And now it is (another) Beta that they still have to work on :-(

Please do not misunderstand, BUT I do not really see a change or even a turnaround at all and it is difficult for me, to make air jumps from the stand due to this very one post. I am happy, that Devialet took notice of the petition. BUT as I said before, they have noticed it for weeks and reading here since months/years. So they have been aware of the problems for a long long time. And now, where they can soothe with some new things, they are coming around the courner. BUT they are still/again on a beta concerning AIR instead of a promised final version. And they obviously still have no clue how and when the streaming board will work and they even don´t have a hardware idea when you follow things that have been said about it. And so they are STILL talking about future and future things without any information what that will or even could be. BUT promise, it will all work out Q1/2017. As we are near to August now, I guess we will not even see a final AIR3 until the turn of the year.

In the end all the early upgraders may be the beta testers of the new software (remember it was mentioned to be released within weeks also) and especially the new OS2017 for months. Not to talk about the streaming board again ;-/

Nevertheless and even more I am very excited what will be announced next week. BUT coming along with another beta instead of the announced final AIR3 does not make me awaiting a very satisfactory outlook. If they had something convincing and reliable they could have said it already instead of all that not binding hot and cold stuff so far.

Let´s wait some more days and see...
I like what was promised, but talk is cheap. You are waiting long years to get Air fixed/getting satisfactory reliability.
The petition should not be removed until all promises are delivered. Otherwise we might find ourselves in the same position we are now as soon as next year.
I did not sign the petition but I appreciate Georgethesixth and others motivation for following through with it as it has been successful in establishing more communications with the company. It just goes to show that people like Georgethesixth really do care about and believe in the company and its products and are wiling to fight for them.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Guys, I understand those who are skeptical but give the man the benefit of the doubt. It is not easy to start a company. If he takes the lesson with him that music is about passion, and bad communication will elicit passionate reactions, it was all worthwhile.
I find it interesting that Quentin Sannie believes that "Sharing Is Caring"
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(21-Jul-2016, 10:58)Georgethesixth Wrote: Guys, I understand those who are skeptical but give the man the benefit of the doubt. It is not easy to start a company.  If he takes the lesson with him that music is about passion, and bad communication will elicit passionate reactions, it was all worthwhile.

I'm with you on this one George. If we didn't expect a genuine reply from Quentin, and just disregard his reply as disingenuous then why even start the petition? I'm hopeful the petition did the job it set out to do and Devialet got our attention.

I have made my opinion on AIR clear in the past and in this thread too. I said it couldn't be fixed with the current hardware version otherwise it would be fixed already. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this.

And then there's the promise of a forum like page on the Devialet site. There's nothing to say that Devialet can't learn from past mistakes, do a full 180 and turn into a well behaved communicator. Once you have found out that you've done something wrong and acknowledged that, it's not hard to see that to change tactics can make a big difference to the way your client perceives you. 

Who know, six month from now we'll be reading these posts and think back on how bad Devialet USED to behave.

Positive always wins.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Jul-2016, 11:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Jul-2016, 10:58)Georgethesixth Wrote: Guys, I understand those who are skeptical but give the man the benefit of the doubt. It is not easy to start a company.  If he takes the lesson with him that music is about passion, and bad communication will elicit passionate reactions, it was all worthwhile.

I'm with you on this one George. If we didn't expect a genuine reply from Quentin, and just disregard his reply as disingenuous then why even start the petition? I'm hopeful the petition did the job it set out to do and Devialet got our attention.

I have made my opinion on AIR clear in the past and in this thread too. I said it couldn't be fixed with the current hardware version otherwise it would be fixed already. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this.

And then there's the promise of a forum like page on the Devialet site. There's nothing to say that Devialet can't learn from past mistakes, do a full 180 and turn into a well behaved communicator. Once you have found out that you've done something wrong and acknowledged that, it's not hard to see that to change tactics can make a big difference to the way your client perceives you. 

Who know, six month from now we'll be reading these posts and think back on how bad Devialet USED to behave.

Positive always wins.

+1 on this.

I think that Quentin has laid it on the line now, and the least we can do is wait and see if he, (Devialet that is) delivers. If they do not deliver, there is enough ammunition in Quentin's response to start another petition Rolleyes.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK