Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(20-Jul-2016, 22:14)Antoine Wrote: I just noticed a response to the petition has been given today, seemingly by Quentin Sannié, CEO of Devialet.

The response is in the comments here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet

Quote:Dear friends, 

Thank you so much for taking time to write, send your messages and petition. As you can imagine, it is not pleasant to read but I can certainly hear your frustration as well as a desire for a better communication with you.  

Our goal is to make each and everyone of you happy. You are incredibly important to us. Without your support, we wouldn’t have been able to constantly improve our products and create the Expert line and Phantom.  We owe it to you and we know it. 
Rest assured that Expert is a main focus for us. This is where all our revolutionary technologies come from. This is where we come from. And this is also our future. 
Part of it is Devialet Air, which we agree is a key technology. As you know, quite a sophisticated one. But I know you expect the best from us, and you should. 

Over the past few months, our engineers have been working long hours on building AIR3, for both Mac and Windows. Even though we haven’t been communicating about it, a lot of issues you are mentioning have been solved in the upcoming beta release, including but not only: 
* Realtime audio playback graphical analysis tools development (Mac / Win) 
* Audio format management code rework (Mac / Win) 
* Streaming algorithm bug fixes and multi platform adaptative tunings (Mac / Win)
* Hog mode / exclusive mode support (Mac) 
* Kernel driver bug fixes for ROON support (Mac) 
* Virtual audio device hot plug & unplug enhancement (Mac) 
* Kernel driver audio data buffering model code rework (Mac / Win) 
* Direct mode development : straightforward and bit perfect audio data transfer from kernel to user space (Mac / Win) 
* Installer rework (Win) 
* Mobile remote application optimisation and bug fixes (iOS & Android) (in progress)

So now AIR3Beta is coming. This is how I propose we work together: 

• Wednesday, July 27th, we will open a “Devialet AIR3 beta program” which you will be free to join. AIR3beta is now at an advanced stage (I personally use it at home, and feel a big improvement). But it is still Beta software, and every setup / wireless environment is unique. We would appreciate if you could help us get better by testing and providing us your valuable feedback. We will post the link to the beta program here early next week. Feel free to share. 
• We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert. And also where you can share your experience with other Expert owners. Sharing is caring.  

As a general matter, I will make sure our teams get better at understanding your needs and communicating on a regular basis with you. Bringing you audiophile happiness is the reason we are all going to work with a big smile on our face every morning.  

Quentin Sannié, CEO, 

and all your friends at Devialet

So happy with this announcement!
Been waiting for that update for exactly a year now.
Fingers crossed!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I did smile when I read @nightmare's opening comment 'Seams to be easy to impress and convince you guys?!'. I'll be honest, I was very pleased to see Quentin Sannie's words, and yes, I genuinely feel far more positive towards Devialet than I did yesterday.

The point is, I know exactly what @Nightmare is saying, this is just words from Quentin Sannie and a robust fix for Windows AIR is not going to arrive next week. I think the key thing is now is what actually happens over the next few months, so the good words slowly turning into actions.

I am sure that the 'easily convinced' ones, like myself and others, will be watching this one like a hawk! So I am happy to wallow in my lovely new found optimism for now and wait patiently to see how all this progresses. I would hate to think that that all we have is empty promises to fob everyone off for a while, that would be bad! Although to me, Quentin Sannie's words do appear to be very genuine and I look forward to this brave new era!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(21-Jul-2016, 10:58)Georgethesixth Wrote: Guys, I understand those who are skeptical but give the man the benefit of the doubt. It is not easy to start a company.  If he takes the lesson with him that music is about passion, and bad communication will elicit passionate reactions, it was all worthwhile.

Absolutely right.  There were some concrete commitments in M Sannié's reply and we should give Devialet chance to meet them before rushing to judge.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I am glad to see that my talk with management & ceo of Devialet led to a promising feedback. Exciting to watch the next couple of weeks Smile
Ok I woke up much more cynical today.  I've decided to leave the beta testing to others I really don't think Devialet has the software expertise to get the Windows Air driver working perfect anytime this year.

I spent a full week fighting it already and I will not accept one more blast of white noise!  My USB setup is sounding just fine if I don't compare it to Air.  Dodgy
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(21-Jul-2016, 13:54)Dr Tone Wrote: Ok I woke up much more cynical today.  I've decided to leave the beta testing to others I really don't think Devialet has the software expertise to get the Windows Air driver working perfect anytime this year.

I spent a full week fighting it already and I will not accept one more blast of white noise!  My USB setup is sounding just fine if I don't compare it to Air.  Dodgy

Don't worry Dr Tone, I and many others love a bit of Windows AIR beta testing!  I'm sure we'll keep you informed!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(21-Jul-2016, 13:59)Confused Wrote:
(21-Jul-2016, 13:54)Dr Tone Wrote: Ok I woke up much more cynical today.  I've decided to leave the beta testing to others I really don't think Devialet has the software expertise to get the Windows Air driver working perfect anytime this year.

Don't worry Dr Tone, I and many others love a bit of Windows AIR beta testing!  I'm sure we'll keep you informed!

Thanks it's appreciated!   I was going to say queue up 15-20 DSD albums and wait for the white noise and then I remembered DSD no longer worked in Air 3 Beta for OSX.  I hope it still works in Windows.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I'm on the "glass half full" side of things with today's response to the petition - kudos to georgethesixth for getting us organised enough to be noticed.  The tone of the response reads like a genuine intention to better engage with the user community - obviously actions now need to follow the words (we'll be watching....), but if they get it right it could just make many of us renew our vows with Devialet!  

It wasn't so long ago that we expert owners were feeling neglected, with the attention seemingly being mostly on the phantom range.  Now we've got some potentially interesting upgrades in the pipeline, and a more formal beta testing programme involving those of us who are happy to spend the time helping them debug any issues.  Interesting times indeed.
Devialet 200, MacMini, Roon control via iPad, B&W CM10 S2 Speakers.
Wink 
All those kind words, and still my reputation is only 3. Man, this forum is though !  Rolleyes
Rep 11 now... Nice going George! Well deserved.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)