Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR works perfect with the NIGHTHAWK X6.
Sadly, I have to disagree.

I ordered a Netgear Nighthawk X6, got it today and tried it.

The X6 is connected to my router via ethernet, the X6 is connected to the Devialet via ethernet, AIR with ETH.

The only WLAN connection exists between my MacBook Pro and the Nighthawk X6.

The Nighthawk delivers a perfect signal (better than the Apple Extreme).

After 1,5 hours without problems, I got the white noise (with 24/96 tracks).

Pity it was worth a try.
Slightly off topic, depending on how you look at it, but I upgraded to Windows 10 this morning. After this I was playing music via AIR Ethernet for many hours, 100% trouble free. Admittedly, this was with exclusively 16/44.1 material, but there were genuinely no issues, no stuttering, nothing. It's early days obviously, and time may prove this is early optimism, but at the same time as listening to music I was also using the PC for email and internet etc., a scenario that is often problematic. So this looks promising. With Windows 8.1 and the beta4 version of AIR I did not get the DWN, but sometimes I would get some minor stuttering issues, which could usually be resolved by re-starting AIR.
(08-Aug-2015, 14:05)midi Wrote: Sadly, I have to disagree.

I ordered a Netgear Nighthawk X6, got it today and tried it.

The X6 is connected to my router via ethernet, the X6 is connected to the Devialet via ethernet, AIR with ETH.

The only WLAN connection exists between my MacBook Pro and the Nighthawk X6.

The Nighthawk delivers a perfect signal (better than the Apple Extreme).

After 1,5 hours without problems, I got the white noise (with 24/96 tracks).

Pity it was worth a try.

how annoying for you! i have deliberately tried to break the signal, and after a few hours I managed to make the air stutter and my thoughts is/are the packet data stream seems very susceptible to interference from other programs running on the computer.

1. avoid Facebook that your streaming from. seriously just don't use it.
2. malware / pop ups make signal jump. I ran bit defender available on app store.
3. dedicate old mac or pc with nothing else running

Lastly re-start everything regularly. i use ctrl alt delete at work all the time and think nothing of it.

imho air is quite amazing, i'm able to listen at -36b and its all there!
(07-Aug-2015, 18:35)photon Wrote: If you have the router right next to hi-fi equipment, then why don't you just plug the ethernet cable directly into the Devialet? Is there a difference in sound between Wi-Fi and cabled ethernet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have original d premier which does not have ethernet cable input. I posted purely from an engineering standpoint on radio signals not materials in cat cables.
(08-Aug-2015, 15:33)Confused Wrote: Slightly off topic, depending on how you look at it, but I upgraded to Windows 10 this morning.   After this I was playing music via AIR Ethernet for many hours, 100% trouble free.  Admittedly, this was with exclusively 16/44.1 material, but there were genuinely no issues, no stuttering, nothing.  It's early days obviously, and time may prove this is early optimism, but at the same time as listening to music I was also using the PC for email and internet etc., a scenario that is often problematic.  So this looks promising.   With Windows 8.1 and the beta4 version of AIR I did not get the DWN, but sometimes I would get some minor stuttering issues, which could usually be resolved by re-starting AIR.

yes I totally agree. I think the power of processors etc and way software interacts with hardware etc using packet data very problematic. re booting etc totally normal in most work days and think nothing to it!
how annoying for you! i have deliberately tried to break the signal, and after a few hours I managed to make the air stutter and my thoughts is/are the packet data stream seems very susceptible to interference from other programs running on the computer.

1. avoid Facebook that your streaming from. seriously just don't use it.
2. malware / pop ups make signal jump. I ran bit defender available on app store.
3. dedicate old mac or pc with nothing else running

Lastly re-start everything regularly. i use ctrl alt delete at work all the time and think nothing of it.

imho air is quite amazing, i'm able to listen at -36b and its all there!
[/quote]

Thanks !

I don't use Facebook.

I also think pop ups are a problem. I often get white noise when I they to open the same sides with a lot of pop ups. I will try bit defender.

I have tried to use a Mac Book Air only running Itunes with AIR, but I got also the white noise.

What was realy helpful, was using 2 networks with the Extreme oder the X6 (5 and 2,4 GhZ) and only the AIR device with the 5 GhZ network. It's still mit perfect, but the white noise problems are reduced (to high-res data).