Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQVox AQ-SWITCH-8
This is from AQVOX homepage.

Remark regarding VAT policy for non EU countries
    AQVOX pursues the policy of having the same prices worldwide. Hence the invoice amount is not being
    reduced by the value added tax. Amongst other administrative reasons, this is for
compensation of high
    outside-EU PayPal fees, extra work for export packing, customs declaration papers and filing
    export statistics and reports.

http://www.myhifishop.de/Payment-and-Shi...et35ng8vl4
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Ouch. That's quite a lot to pay for a customs declaration. If they're good, better buy a few before we leave the EU!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

added the Aqvox switch to my system as well.
the effect is ease to notice.
at least to my ears soundstage is slightly deeper, better separation and body of instruments and voices.

really impressive peace of gear a recommendation for a trial.
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
(01-Apr-2017, 17:47)cfwotzka Wrote: added the Aqvox switch to my system as well.
at least to my ears soundstage is slightly deeper, better separation and body of instruments and voices.

Excellent! It really is good isn't it? I'm sure mine has continued to improve as it runs in.

Everything just sounds so much more natural. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Apr-2017, 18:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-Apr-2017, 17:47)cfwotzka Wrote: added the Aqvox switch to my system as well.

Excellent! It really is good isn't it? I'm sure mine has continued to improve as it runs in.

Guillaume
it's really good indeed.
many thanks for recommendation Guillaume.
I have also other Aqvox "devices" the Phono-Pre for example which is an excellent one as well for it's price tag.
how did you discover the Aqvox switch?

christian
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
I wonder what differs the Aqvox and JCAT versions besides the price?

http://jplay.eu/jcat/#manual12
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Just had a quick look - so the jcat lan cables are almost twice the price of their modified switch.

Interesting they both chose the same (or similar) switch model to modify.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

having the switch connected now for 48h I can say it's still improving. what a step... for just 400 bucks
beeing from Hamburg I'm also a bit proud of what "north-light" can manage Smile

christian
Will this make a difference when running AIR --> WiFi --> Router --> Ethernet --> Devialet or is it only when running ethernet all the way and having both the computer and Devialet connected to the switch?
(01-Apr-2017, 20:55)cfwotzka Wrote:
(01-Apr-2017, 18:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume
it's really good indeed.
many thanks for recommendation Guillaume.
I have also other Aqvox "devices" the Phono-Pre for example which is an excellent one as well for it's price tag.
how did you discover the Aqvox switch?

christian

Right here on his own forum: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Antoine-...6#pid58506   Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands