Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB?
Hey Morten, what length and plug orientation did you get for your aqvox cable?

My Regen has finally shipped, so if it makes a positive difference in my system I'd like to try and do similar to stop the cables sticking out with the hard adapter. Did you ever get to compare it to the adapter?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hallo I have the 12 cm version I and I believe it was 4, I sent them a photo and asked if the agreed that it should be version 4.

I am not to sure about the Regen together with my Aurender... I will do some more listning tommorw, but it may be that it will have to go.

But on my PC it was a big improvement, and I hope you enjoy your when it arrive.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(19-Sep-2015, 23:18)Morten Wrote: Hallo I have the 12 cm version I and I believe it was 4, I sent them a photo and asked if the agreed that it should be version 4.

I am not to sure about the Regen together with my Aurender... I will do some more listning tommorw, but it may be that it will have to go.

But on my PC it was a big improvement, and I hope you enjoy your when it arrive.

Kind regards Morten
Thanks

I'm seriously considering an Aurender, but will wait to see how the Regen fairs on the Mac mini first. To be honest, if I knew 100% that Roon would be supported, and timescales, that would sway my decision. I did ask dealer and they hinted that it was on the cards, so, who knows…

Which model did you go for? I'm assuming its better than the mac with Regen - how much of an improvement would you say there is?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Aug-2015, 14:10)teddlesdee Wrote: Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?
Will I need two? one from the laptop to the regen - what about from the regen to Dev?

Using mine with HiDiamond USB reference.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Hallo Hifi_swlon

My PC is a shuttle XS35V4, I was using Jplay, hence nothing fancy with any special USB cards.

I have a Aurender N100H, and to be honest it easily outperforms the PC, the sound is more organic and full, but I don't feel that I am losing details, everything is there but nothing over shins the other.

I may have achieved a similar result if I built an audio PC, and used it in a dual setup, but I was experience some stability issues with Jplay streamer and Tidal, hence I took the plunge and got the Aurender, the operation of this extraordinary, I more or less only use Tidal, the way you can search and find new music, and they hyperlinks in the APP is fantastic.

The Regen help a lot on the PC, but I have removed it from my setup, I think that the Aurender is better without it, I had a long night yesterday I have never heard music like that before in my system... only problem is that I am tired today... I will try again over the next days and if my results are the same I will sell the Regen

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Thanks Morten

Hi
Now a fully fledged Roon user: Mac Mini > Roon > USB (what a relief) > D200 > PMC Fact 8.

[Previously: Mac Mini > iTunes > Air Ethernet (As if! What a joke!) > D200 > PMC Fact 8.]

other experiences with that configuration would be great to have
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -