Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed - 2nd Phantom Silver or not
Hi I am new to this chat. Thanks in advance.

I had my single Phantom Silver since 2017, with a Dialog, on a Tree. I liked it very much.
I have managed to save up for better soundtage -> Stereo -> 2nd Phantom Silver maybe ??
But heard some bad news, such as Silver been discontinued, and Dos2 does not support mixed Phantom model, Dialog no longer needed, etc.

I could either:
(1) Spend NZ$4400 more to get a "used" Silver and another Tree Stand to match  Cool  , or
(2) Get a new pair of, say Kef LS50w with stands (NZ$3500 approx) and with some spare change, and still have a spare mono 3000W phantom silver  Big Grin

I used it for my living room arrox 6m wide seated 4m to speaker/TV screen.
Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum...

Rather than get the LS50W, why not get a pair of Reactor 600 or 900? Darko did a review with a short compare to the LS50W
https://darko.audio/tag/reactor-900/

You can then do multi room if you upgrade the Silver to DOS2.
(22-May-2020, 12:50)Snoopy8 Wrote: Welcome to the forum...

Rather than get the LS50W, why not get a pair of Reactor 600 or 900?  Darko did a review with a short compare to the LS50W
https://darko.audio/tag/reactor-900/

You can then do multi room if you upgrade the Silver to DOS2.

Thanks. I did think about it. But a pair of Reactor 900 with stands will cost NZ$5400.
And likely not as impressive as Option 1 above.
(23-May-2020, 03:50)kopi Wrote: Thanks. I did think about it. But a pair of Reactor 900 with stands will cost NZ$5400.
And likely not as impressive as Option 1 above.
I agree a pair of Silver will be slightly better.  But you did ask for suggestions!  Smile

I did a compare of a pair of Golds with a pair of Reactor 900s.  While the Golds are better in a side by side comparison, the difference was smaller than expected.  I then listened to the Reactor 900s on their own and concluded that I could easily live with them. Were the Reactors available when I purchased the Golds, it would have been very difficult to decide, given the big price difference.

Depending on size of room, maybe a Reactor 600 can do the job.