Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air play apple TV 4K Sync
Hi all, I Have a 4K Projector hooked up to a Apple 4K TV since updating to the new software the audio is rock solid, before when playing audio over airplay in I Tunes the airplay would drop out and had to reset via system preferences not anymore and have binned the dialog literally. Now on to the projector side of things sync first before installing the new software totally in lip sync, I think because my projector had the same latency as the Golds now since the update they are out of sync and drop out frustrating! Ok there is an option on my apple TV to sonically sync the audio to the speaker system but I think this is for flat screen TV's not projectors via my Iphone and in the Dev app I am aware of the low latency high stability feature for the aux input but arrgh...........any advice?
(07-Nov-2019, 18:50)Funky Phantom Wrote: Hi all, I Have a 4K Projector hooked up to a Apple 4K TV since updating to the new software the audio is rock solid, before when playing audio over airplay in I Tunes the airplay would drop out and had to reset via system preferences not anymore and have binned the dialog literally. Now on to the projector side of things sync first before installing the new software totally in lip sync, I think because my projector had the same latency as the Golds now since the update they are out of sync and drop out frustrating! Ok there is an option on my apple TV to sonically sync the audio to the speaker system but I think this is for flat screen TV's not projectors via my Iphone and in the Dev app I am aware of the low latency high stability feature for the aux input but arrgh...........any advice?

Probably you tried this already. I am not on DOS2, but I saw in a video from @vaguedetails* of the DOS2 settings that you can adjust in the Devialet App the AV Sync. Not sure if this could solve your problem though.

*see my thread
DOS2 with Dialog - Questions of a DOS1 setup owner?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(07-Nov-2019, 18:50)Funky Phantom Wrote: Hi all, I Have a 4K Projector hooked up to a Apple 4K TV since updating to the new software the audio is rock solid, before when playing audio over airplay in I Tunes the airplay would drop out and had to reset via system preferences not anymore and have binned the dialog literally. Now on to the projector side of things sync first before installing the new software totally in lip sync, I think because my projector had the same latency as the Golds now since the update they are out of sync and drop out frustrating! Ok there is an option on my apple TV to sonically sync the audio to the speaker system but I think this is for flat screen TV's not projectors via my Iphone and in the Dev app I am aware of the low latency high stability feature for the aux input but arrgh...........any advice?
Hi Funky Phantom, in DOS 2 you can change the latency. In Devialet App go to Settings and in Advanced Settings in Av Sync you can change the latency.
By default latency is set to 190ms which is a good setting for generic purpose.
On my setting (4K projector with optical built-in, i've no apple tv), my best lip sync is when setting is between 100 and 120 ms.
Cheers
Stereo Rector 600 - Silver Phantom - Gold Phantom
When plugging in an optical cable from a tv into a phantom (Classic) is there a recommended procedure to ‘turn off’ the phantom prior to removing the power chord to facilitate inserting the optical cable?e.g should I put the phantom in standby mode before removing the power chord? Similarly, is there a recommended process for putting the power cable back in terms of power button presses to power on the phantom? These questions are all in the context of a successful migration to DOS2 and I don’t want to do anything to disturb the success!!
Thanks in advance.
In DOS2 you can only set the latency for the AUX input, so not for Airplay. I have the same issue with getting sync from Apple TV 4K, as this doesn´t have an optical output (or any other physical audio output) . I have tried the Audio sync-feature in TvOS13, but it does not work with the Phantoms.

(08-Nov-2019, 18:33)YDoux Wrote:
Hi Funky Phantom, in DOS 2 you can change the latency. In Devialet App go to Settings and in Advanced Settings in Av Sync you can change the latency.
By default latency is set to 190ms which is a good setting for generic purpose.
On my setting (4K projector with optical built-in, i've no apple tv), my best lip sync is when setting is between 100 and 120 ms.
Cheers
@Vegus
What's the lowest latency figure for Phantom Premier?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(10-Nov-2019, 13:42)ragwo Wrote: @Vegus

If you are looking for the lowest possible setting in the app, it´s 60ms.
(11-Nov-2019, 14:27)Vegus Wrote:
(10-Nov-2019, 13:42)ragwo Wrote: @Vegus

If you are looking for the lowest possible setting in the app, it´s 60ms.
Thanks!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage