Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
physical remote
(26-Apr-2019, 20:08)Teliaved Wrote: I control the volume at the set top box level, not on the TV itself.
What set top box are you using? Wondering whether that is possible with Xfinity X1 box.
(29-Apr-2019, 18:48)fgleason Wrote: I think the Rector has three volume control issues.

On Apple products the app uses excessive battery even in background mode.  The battery monitor show 80% usage even when backgrounded. If I don't close the app my devices will be out of power by morning. This is a bug and needs to be fixed. 

A physical remote is needed. blodsbror is 100% right using a phone app for volume control is not acceptable and limits sales.

It should be possible to use home theater remotes to control the volume. Methods to control the volume via bluetooth and wifi should be documented so devices without variable audio on optical can be used.
Besides improved stability, this was the main driver for me to jettison using Devialet's software.  My putting the reactor's in optical direct mode and using Dante dongles, i'm able to integrate the speakers into my HT system and more importantly the wife and kids can use a physical remote to adjust the volume.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante