Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Melco users out there?
(20-Oct-2015, 16:30)Morten Wrote: Sorry, it has the HDD in the Melco itself...

But I saw this on the homepage

" The Playlist can be stored either on N1 (Mode 1) to allow the playlist to be maintained even if the App is out of contact,or the Playlist is stored on the App (Mode 2) when the App requires it. Please see compatibility chart."

It was perhaps worth a try?

Br Morten

Yes maybe worth investigating although the lad who set it up has set up 6 or 7 so I would assume he would know this.

Morten my journey continues Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
If it is the router then AIR will no doubt start to work flawlessly Big Grin
I have made my mind up though to take the lap top and NAS out of the playback chain so i would change now anyway. i just think software conflicts could always be there with AIR.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(20-Oct-2015, 16:35)Womaz Wrote:

" The Playlist can be stored either on N1 (Mode 1) to allow the playlist to be maintained even if the App is out of contact,or the Playlist is stored on the App (Mode 2) when the App requires it. Please see compatibility chart."

Br Morten

Yes maybe worth investigating although the lad who set it up has set up 6 or 7 so I would assume he would know this.

Morten my journey continues  Big Grin

Morten is absolutely right, it does sound as though you are in Mode 0 - where the playlist is stored in the app. Can you check this and come back to us? It should be pretty straightforward using the buttons at the front of the unit:

http://buffalo.jp/support_s/guide2/manua...er3#h2anc0

I would also try Linn's Kinsky in Mode 1. This should be very reliable (although admittedly it's not the prettiest app to use). 

It may even be possible to use Linn's Kazoo which has Tidal beautifully integrated. 

Sorry I don't have a Melco here to experiment with, once it's set up properly you shouldn't experience any issues whatsoever. I've certainly never heard of anyone experiencing dropouts with it. 

Regarding the Melco control app this has been in beta testing since the summer so I expect it is getting closer to be released. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Oct-2015, 17:24)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 16:35)Womaz Wrote:

Br Morten

Morten my journey continues  Big Grin

Morten is absolutely right, it does sound as though you are in Mode 0 - where the playlist is stored in the app. Can you check this and come back to us? It should be pretty straightforward using the buttons at the front of the unit:

http://buffalo.jp/support_s/guide2/manua...er3#h2anc0

I would also try Linn's Kinsky in Mode 1. This should be very reliable (although admittedly it's not the prettiest app to use). 

It may even be possible to use Linn's Kazoo which has Tidal beautifully integrated. 

Sorry I don't have a Melco here to experiment with, once it's set up properly you shouldn't experience any issues whatsoever. I've certainly never heard of anyone experiencing dropouts with it. 

Regarding the Melco control app this has been in beta testing since the summer so I expect it is getting closer to be released. 

Guillaume

Is the control app only for iOS or are they going to support Android aswell?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

It was just a demo at home so will not be able to do this, however i will pass this information on.
I think they had an app once and it got pulled as was not up to the job. Thanks for the replies all very helpful as usual.
(20-Oct-2015, 17:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: Regarding the Melco control app this has been in beta testing since the summer so I expect it is getting closer to be released. 

Guillaume

An interesting post!  Earlier this month:

Bob Ryan Wrote: 

Within past couple weeks I've been in touch with Melco/Buffalo and there will be no Melco control app in foreseeable future and perhaps not at all - so if that matters to you probably good to look at Aurender, Lumin or Bryston device.

I guess at least one of you is correct!
(20-Oct-2015, 19:53)Confused Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 17:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: Regarding the Melco control app this has been in beta testing since the summer so I expect it is getting closer to be released. 

Guillaume

An interesting post!  Earlier this month:

Bob Ryan Wrote: 

Within past couple weeks I've been in touch with Melco/Buffalo and there will be no Melco control app in foreseeable future and perhaps not at all - so if that matters to you probably good to look at Aurender, Lumin or Bryston device.

I guess at least one of you is correct!

I spoke with the Melco distributor earlier and he confirmed that the app is still firmly in the works, they are unfortunately unable to give a date yet for its release. I will see if we can get further clarification from Alan Ainslie as he has been happy to post on here before.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Beyond a dedicated control-point app, I wonder if the Melco could be made to turn on remotely, perhaps on a WakeUpLAN basis.

Fraser
(20-Oct-2015, 23:54)fraserhadden Wrote: Beyond a dedicated control-point app, I wonder if the Melco could be made to turn on remotely, perhaps on a WakeUpLAN basis.

Fraser

I agree. It would make sense even for the disks to be spun down after a fixed period of idleness, which might require some sort of sleep mode.
I think they have designed it so it can be turned on and off just like other Hifi equipment, but there are thise who think that it should be kept on all the time like a normal NAS for example