Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
I think Devialet meant to say that the 2GB is enough for a large indexed library, not for the actual storage. I noticed in the manual that music that's not available at a given moment (in case for example your NAS is disconnected/offline) in the central section view is visible, but marked as 'music not available'. This must mean that it's indexed. It probably keeps album/track info and thumbnails for fast access. 
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
(18-Feb-2015, 20:16)invader Wrote: I think Devialet meant to say that the 2GB is enough for a large indexed library, not for the actual storage. I noticed in the manual that music that's not available at a given moment (in case for example your NAS is disconnected/offline) in the central section view is visible, but marked as 'music not available'. This must mean that it's indexed. It probably keeps album/track info and thumbnails for fast access. 

If this is correct then Devialet probably has a player in Dialog. I hope so as this will take us back to the control they had on playback in the first versions of AIR. The white noise issue should then disappear completely. We must push Devialet to add network streaming support from Dialog for the Expert line, not just USB
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(18-Feb-2015, 20:51)ogs Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 20:16)invader Wrote: I think Devialet meant to say that the 2GB is enough for a large indexed library, not for the actual storage. I noticed in the manual that music that's not available at a given moment (in case for example your NAS is disconnected/offline) in the central section view is visible, but marked as 'music not available'. This must mean that it's indexed. It probably keeps album/track info and thumbnails for fast access. 

If this is correct then Devialet probably has a player in Dialog. I hope so as this will take us back to the control they had on playback in the first versions of AIR. The white noise issue should then disappear completely. We must push Devialet to add network streaming support from Dialog for the Expert line, not just USB
My understanding is that network streaming is supported - via wifi, PLC and Ethernet, and that the USB connectivity is output only - i.e. The Dialog outputs the digital signal via USB to the Expert USB input.  Or did I get thus wrong?  
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(18-Feb-2015, 22:54)ZincAlloy Wrote:

My understanding is that network streaming is supported - via wifi, PLC and Ethernet, and that the USB connectivity is output only - i.e. The Dialog outputs the digital signal via USB to the Expert USB input.  Or did I get thus wrong?  

Hi!

I got this answer from Oceane a couple of days ago:

I looked into the phono usb connected to Dialog, but I do think that this would be possible.

Indeed the usb input of dialog will permit to access musics stored on a usb key or hard drive.

Best regards,

Océane Turpin
jockEwing
(18-Feb-2015, 23:01)jockEwing Wrote:

Hi!

I looked into the phono usb connected to Dialog, but I do think that this would be possible.

Indeed the usb input of dialog will permit to access musics stored on a usb key or hard drive.

Best regards,

Océane Turpin
Thanks Jock - now I'm even more confused about Dialog than ever! So how is Dialog connected to the Expert amp do you know? 
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(18-Feb-2015, 23:13)ZincAlloy Wrote:

Hi!

Best regards,

Océane Turpin
Thanks Jock - now I'm even more confused about Dialog than ever! So how is Dialog connected to the Expert amp do you know? 

I suppose the USB on Dialog is both output and input Dodgy
jockEwing
(18-Feb-2015, 23:17)jockEwing Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 23:13)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 20:51)ogs Wrote: If this is correct then Devialet probably has a player in Dialog. I hope so as this will take us back to the control they had on playback in the first versions of AIR. The white noise issue should then disappear completely. We must push Devialet to add network streaming support from Dialog for the Expert line, not just USB

Hi!

Best regards,

Océane Turpin

I suppose the USB on Dialog is both output and input  Dodgy

I think the Dialog is part of the Phantom family and the principle use of the USB will be a hard drive with music on it.
People wanting to use the Dialog with legacy units were probably not expected by Devialet (look at the debacle caused by new buyers wanting AIR to work with PCs and other than iTunes, which is IMHO the reason we still have so many firmware problems today). Connecting legacy to Dialog with USB is the first guess solution perhaps?? Maybe one will need a USB hub for both a legacy box and if you want to use a USB stick instead of net connection???
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I think Devialet were expecting "Expert" owners to want Dialog. Why else would Devialet themselves announce that Dialog would work with the Expert range "via USB initially" at the Phantom / Dialog launch last year?
(19-Feb-2015, 09:18)Confused Wrote: I think Devialet were expecting "Expert" owners to want Dialog.  Why else would Devialet themselves announce that Dialog would work with the Expert range "via USB initially" at the Phantom / Dialog launch last year?

Well, I do want a working Dialog, not a white paperweight, which will probably work in the future.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(19-Feb-2015, 09:18)Confused Wrote: I think Devialet were expecting "Expert" owners to want Dialog.  Why else would Devialet themselves announce that Dialog would work with the Expert range "via USB initially" at the Phantom / Dialog launch last year?

Under pressure from legacy owners looking for something new?
The experience they have had will show them legacy owners will want extra functions they had never planned Smile
I still believe that Dialog is part of the Phantom system and making it work with the legacy amps will be of secondary importance to Devialet and certainly can not be done at the expense of the Phantom system, perhaps not an afterthought but almost certainly not a principle aim of the Dialog concept.
Probably the same with the remote.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire