Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody get a delivery today?
(27-Feb-2015, 20:51)Jwg1749 Wrote: Damon,
sorry for misleading you. You must have missed the small print in my previous post.
Matt

Hooked, landed and gutted, literally.  Blush
I received today my 2 Phantoms Silver and Dialog from Colette. Since beginning of 2015 I read most posts here and found myself in the same situation as some of you having ordered at Devialet as early adopter but not getting any infos, except new delays. Then last Friday night I saw the post that Colette delivers to Australia and made a promt order at Colette.
So far I'm very happy with the Phantoms despite the buggy software. The sound is very neutral, linear and rich. Spark is not yet there where it should be. However, I found out how to use the optical input of the Phantom. You can use it, as I do it for now, with an AppleTV and listen to any music via airplay. Any other streamer should work, too. The optical signal (TOS link) in stereo seems to go via Phantom to the Dialog and then is delivered to the two Phantoms left and right configured. This works very well. I listened to music for several hours without dropouts and with stable stereo image. I was using Spotify over airplay. The SQ seems better than ripped MP3 from my NAS via Spark.
I did also a short test with the analyzer App on my IPad measuring the frequency response using a sine signal. Did not do it at max volume. I measured at about 2m distance around 78 dB +/- 1 dB with very small changes using a sine signal at 20 Hz, and up to 30, 40.. to around 2 kHz. All with airplay over an AppleTV and optical input to one Phantom. I could see (in the Frequency response) and hear room resonances, but the phantoms play extremely linear. Of course no guarantee whether it is the room or the loudspeaker that makes the volume change one measures. But the 20 Hz are there and at same level as 1Khz. I'm not audiophile, but have a trained ear more from audio enginering. I own old first generation B&W 802 (from 1980), but did not yet compare them with the Phantoms.
Lot more to do, but mainly enjoy the solid sound at an unpreceded form factor. I could not observe, what other heard, that the lows and ultra-lows are blown up. The are extremely clean precise and dry.
@streamy: wellcome on the Devialet chat forum. What an opening post! You are the first one in the hole World to discribe an experience with the Dialog and Phantoms at a home situation. Very interesting! Obviously one does have to live at the other side of the World to get a Dialog/Phantom as a first customer.

Could you please discribe the possibilities of the Spark software. Does it 'see' your music on the NAS using the UPnP protocol? Why is it buggy? Is it slow? Or not responding? Is Qobuz live streaming implemented? That are some questions wich arise for a start. Do prepare yourself for more questions to follow! Anyway do enjoy you're new setup. ChM
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Dear Charlemagne,
as said in my first post I got the Phantoms just yesterday. I actually live in France. So Collette delivers everywhere Smile It's very early to conclude on all features of Spark. Moreover, I won't be able to experiment too much in the next days. My experience with Spark in a setup with Dialog: Yes, you can access local and network drives when Spark is installed on a Mac. In the setup you choose your music folders. Not sure but I expect that the music is then cataloged in Dialog using the network paths. Both AFP and SMB protocol work. I don't think upnp is working. When I use only an IPad then I can select either local files or streaming from Cobuz or Deezer. No experience so far. Don't have subscriptions yet.
Buggy relates to when you power off either the Phantoms or or Dialog the setup is not properly kept and the system starts to rescan or looses the access to files.
I also experience non responsivness when Dialog is refreshing its catalog. So far there is also no way to generate sort of catalogs or different playlists, i.e. all your files are flat, either sorted by song name or artist and can consist of thousands of files flattened out. This is quite annoying, a folder strucure should be kept, e.g. based on genres.
That's not good. In fact it sounds like a nightmare. Still, no doubt plenty of updates in store ...
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(05-Mar-2015, 07:15)streamy Wrote: I also experience non responsivness when Dialog is refreshing its catalog. So far there is also no way to generate sort of catalogs or different playlists, i.e. all your files are flat, either sorted by song name or artist and can consist of thousands of files flattened out. This is quite annoying, a folder strucure should be kept, e.g. based on genres.

Oh dear, even the lowly mPad delivers better than that, and that is pretty basic as streamer remotes go!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Wow, great to hear this, sounds like the Phantom is the real deal. More good news, I just received an e-mail from Devialet that my Dialog is ready for shipment, UPS code included. However, nothing about my ordered Phantoms Silver...
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
(27-Feb-2015, 20:51)Jwg1749 Wrote: Damon,
sorry for misleading you. You must have missed the small print in my previous post.
Matt

Yep, missed the fine print entirely, and not for the first time either, I suspect.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(05-Mar-2015, 18:57)invader Wrote: Wow, great to hear this, sounds like the Phantom is the real deal. More good news, I just received an e-mail from Devialet that my Dialog is ready for shipment, UPS code included. However, nothing about my ordered Phantoms Silver...
Just heard from DHL my silver phantoms and dialog are here?
However DC is snowed in an they are not delivering?
Taking out the Land Rover in the morning to pick up
Wills end a review and pictures tomorrow
Btw I have a set on order for my property in Portugal but ordered these from Colette on Friday
Unbelievable my Europe ship date is April 15?