Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone turning DPM off?
(12-Jun-2019, 19:31)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(12-Jun-2019, 19:23)kompressor Wrote: Could someone explain how I turn DPM off? Not sure I’ve noticed this in configurator?

It is in "General settings" section.

Daniel is correct and this is the way to ensure it's saved in your settings.  You may also access it via the menu on the device via the remote, but turning it off in this manner always defaults to on after you put the Devialet to sleep or power it off.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I turn DPM off in the menu for a listening session, but it's generally on when I don't use the amp to keep temperatures lower. Like Jean-Marie I do not hear much difference (if at all), but I prefer to turn DPM off for listening anyway.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks I’ll take a look.
I hadn't known about DPM 'off' mode until I read it on this thread. Been trialling it today and I did notice a sound difference, but one I didn't prefer, and so I have reverted back to DPM 'on'
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(12-Jun-2019, 21:11)spater Wrote: I hadn't known about DPM 'off' mode until I read it on this thread. Been trialling it today and I did notice a sound difference, but one I didn't prefer, and so I have reverted back to DPM 'on'

Which Devialet model do you own? Seems like DPM behaves differently on various models and systems!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(12-Jun-2019, 21:18)ogs Wrote:
(12-Jun-2019, 21:11)spater Wrote: I hadn't known about DPM 'off' mode until I read it on this thread. Been trialling it today and I did notice a sound difference, but one I didn't prefer, and so I have reverted back to DPM 'on'

Which Devialet model do you own? Seems like DPM behaves differently on various models and systems!

Updated post/ signature with system info
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
I generally keep it ON to maintain a lower temp.  With some symphonic recordings, I'll switch it off for an "assumed" increase with dynamics.  In general, hard to hear any differences.

What does make a significant difference with sound is ICM.  I notice it helps with older legacy movies and some recordings. I mostly leave ICM off, but have used it effectively with older TV/Film/Music playback.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
I also tried my best to hear a difference with DPM on/off, but couldn't. I must need to upgrade something in the chain so that I can hear that difference. Wink
DPM OFF. The higher the temp the better it sounds.
That's why I never turn my devialet off either. It's on 24/7 so it sounds as best as it possibly can right away every morning.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(15-Jun-2019, 20:30)Cylob Wrote: DPM OFF. The higher the temp the better it sounds.
That's why I never turn my devialet off either. It's on 24/7 so it sounds as best as it possibly can right away every morning.
There are some on this board who think that might diminish the lifespan of your unit.  As for me, I've decided to just adjust the menu selection (DPM>OFF) each listening session as I move from stand-by...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.