Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Store will sell Devialet Phantom
I can't wait to see they only sell "rose gold" version of the expert series. Which all of a sudden our expert line at home will be worth a lot more than what we bought at.
An other french article:
http://www.universfreebox.com/article/32...chez-Apple
Interesting. My money is on Apple acquiring Devialet. Watch this space!
(08-Dec-2015, 15:33)pjlarge Wrote: Interesting.  My money is on Apple acquiring Devialet.  Watch this space!

That gets my vote. Maybe then they would finally be able to get AIR working properly.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
iPhantom ??
Am I the only one who finds the thought of Apple buying Devialet utterly horrific? Plus if they did fix AIR, it would be for the Mac only!
I just received this email.  I might make it to the mall today.  If I do, I will check out the Apple store.

"The subject line says it all, my friends.

Apple is now showcasing Devialet PHANTOM <en.devialet.com/phantom> - the best-sounding audiophile wireless speaker solution in the world (as described by reviews in Wired and many other outlets) - in Apple Stores throughout the U.S.

If you've never heard a Devialet PHANTOM - now is your opportunity to be awed by truly perfect audio - zero distortion coupled to a maximum power of 3000 watts! Smile

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, interview needs or image/video requests - I am here to be of service.

As always, please understand that Horizon strives to deliver only relevant news to you. Should you be receiving this missive in error, please know that before you hit the unsubscribe button, there is a better alternative to such karmically hurtful disdain. Just click the "update your profile" link below and you can specifically tailor what kind of technology news is most germane for your future reading pleasure.

Should you decide to indeed unsubscribe, know that I am deeply shamed for infringing upon your time and largesse – click the unsubscribe link below. Be assured we will address the issue immediately, with frightening swiftness and ruthless efficiency.

With best regards, Jonathan"
(08-Dec-2015, 16:56)Confused Wrote: Am I the only one who finds the thought of Apple buying Devialet utterly horrific?  Plus if they did fix AIR, it would be for the Mac only!

I say before that is NOT a good adea , i mean phone ,sell One place, music/ hifi sell In hifi store. But mabye devialet miss Money ,and Apple giv good offer????
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(08-Dec-2015, 16:56)Confused Wrote: Am I the only one who finds the thought of Apple buying Devialet utterly horrific?  Plus if they did fix AIR, it would be for the Mac only!

Not sure where the horror is - Apple are well known for wanting to make 'the whole widget' - undoubtedly the hardware of the Phantom (and expert) is really neat, Devialet have a load of patents and there are certainly similarities in the apparent design thinking of the two companies.  Devialet is PE backed, and they'll be looking to cash in their chips at some point.  Apple do great hardware / software integration and we're all pretty much agreed the software is the weak link.  Given Apple are moving into all sorts of other consumer spaces than just computing I think it's certainly something they'd look at - especially given they already have the iTunes store and Apple Music...
Horror is probably a bit of an overreaction! However, note the philosophy behind iTunes for example. It is about mass market penetration where 320kb files are fine for music, because the majority of the public don't care about 16bit/44kHz files, or even know what one is, let alone 24bit. I'm sure that they could do a fine job with the software etc., but the philosophy of the "Expert" range is surely diametrically apposed to anything Apple would understand, other than it has a nice shiny case perhaps.