Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Store will sell Devialet Phantom
(08-Dec-2015, 16:56)Confused Wrote: Am I the only one who finds the thought of Apple buying Devialet utterly horrific?  Plus if they did fix AIR, it would be for the Mac only!

LOL That will do me. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It could be a very good idea. It gives the Phantom exposure to a large number of tech and fashion savvy people with a good amount of cash/credit available to spend. It hopefully will force Devialet to deal with the issues that this audience will not tolerate and it may mean that Devialet will get the additional technical support it needs.

That would be the win, win scenario.

On the other hand... Lots of promising partnerships have failed for numerous reasons.

I wish them well.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I was in an Apple store today (December 8) No Phantoms and no information on when they would be available.  I thought it was premature but I was in the mall anyway so I thought I would check. I would love to see and hear a pair.
I dont see any merging of companies or technology here
its as Brownose said, simply a product being stocked as Apple as a vendor

it'll be a great store front for Devialet to get noticed by the masses
with the only collaboration i would imagine being Apple offering free trial voucher for its Apple Play... maybe?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I don't see it as a bad thing - be great for Devialet to get the reach and the profile, which may lead the more discerning Apple Store browsers to the Expert range?

As for an Apple buyout - could happen I suppose, but I can't see it, somehow.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
More details:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/apple-d...t-phantom/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/12/0...e-speakers
Yeah... the Phantom right next to Beats!!! Perfect.
IMO Apple and Devialet is a disaster.
For many reasons I think this will hurt Devialet. The Apple stores are not set up for demoing HiFi, they are crowded and noisy - with competing noise from all the different sound devices on sale.
This could work if they had a dedicated listening room with trained staff and I doubt Apple would give over that much real estate.
I was in my local store in Washington DC the staff really new little about the phantoms and were pretty clueless on stands etc. The Phantoms were side by side about a foot apart on a shelf along with B&O, Beats, etc. All being used it was chaos.
Better Devialet through there customer base arranged private demo's in customers homes - if they sell customer receives a referral fee.
I would guess one of the main drives for this "Partnership" (which I don't see it as that) is just to get some more exposure for Devialet. How will it go, not really sure, but it could go both ways:

1. Devialet get more exposure / more sales / but more reason then to get things right
2. Apple stitches Devialet up as the monster it is, but sleeping with the enemy may not be as bad as long as you know when to get out of bed without upsetting the monster

I see number 1. as the most likely thing to happen, but only time will tell.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(08-Dec-2015, 18:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Dec-2015, 16:56)Confused Wrote: Am I the only one who finds the thought of Apple buying Devialet utterly horrific?  Plus if they did fix AIR, it would be for the Mac only!

LOL That will do me. Smile

Haha, me too - about time we got some love….. Wink But actually Apple's usual model is to first make it Mac only, and then slap a few bits of the code into one of their own apps, and encourage people to buy, following which they dump the whole thing...

Sounds like Apple Store sales will come down to 'which one plays the loudest and can drown out the others'. My guess from the few times I ve seen Phantom demo'd is it will win?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<