Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arch noise + standby option?
Hi all!

Yesterday I finally got my Arch. Setup was easy, but unfortunately there is an annoying hum/hiss noise audible starting around 60% volume. It gets worse at higher volumes. At first I was thinking there was a grounding issue, but the noise is also present when my turntable is not connected (so nothing connected to the Arch inputs). Is anybody else also experiencing this?

One other thing that I've noticed is that my Phantoms don't go into sleep/standy mode once the Arch is connected. I can hear a constant hiss when the turntable is not playing. Is this normal? Is there a way to turn off the Arch?

Thanks in advance!
(11-Feb-2022, 10:23)Walzu Wrote: Hi all!

Yesterday I finally got my Arch. Setup was easy, but unfortunately there is an annoying hum/hiss noise audible starting around 60% volume. It gets worse at higher volumes. At first I was thinking there was a grounding issue, but the noise is also present when my turntable is not connected (so nothing connected to the Arch inputs). Is anybody else also experiencing this?

One other thing that I've noticed is that my Phantoms don't go into sleep/standy mode once the Arch is connected. I can hear a constant hiss when the turntable is not playing. Is this normal? Is there a way to turn off the Arch?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if you can turn off the Arch, but the speakers should go into standby if you select another input or mute the speakers.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Feb-2022, 10:23)Walzu Wrote: also present when my turntable is not connected (so nothing connected to the Arch inputs)

What happens if you short the phono inputs on the ARCH?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I had similar issues with the ARCH. Here’s what fixed it. Make sure the Phantom speakers, ARCH, and turntable are all on the same power strip. Unplug ARCH, plug it back in, and let it reset. Is it quiet now?
(11-Feb-2022, 22:34)invictus005 Wrote: I had similar issues with the ARCH. Here’s what fixed it. Make sure the Phantom speakers, ARCH, and turntable are all on the same power strip. Unplug ARCH, plug it back in, and let it reset. Is it quiet now?

Unfortunately no difference. So you don’t have any hiss/humm when you turn volume to 70% with default settings (sensitivity 5mV)?