Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Phantoms selling well?
I am in love with my Phantoms, and I hope they last for a very long time.

What I am wondering is: How successful are the Phantoms in the market?

Does anyone have an idea if they are selling well? I would like to presume they are given they have announced the Gold Phantom. I would think they would not do this unless their previous sales of White and Silver were significant.

But does anyone really know?

I hope Devialet is indeed successful with their Phantom line as it seems it would be their income-generating product to really allow the company to stay in business and grow.
(20-Jul-2016, 18:46)kameraguy Wrote: I am in love with my Phantoms, and I hope they last for a very long time.

Does anyone have an idea if they are selling well? I would like to presume they are given they have announced the Gold Phantom. I would think they would not do this unless their previous sales of White and Silver were significant.

I hope Devialet is indeed successful with their Phantom line as it seems it would be their income-generating product to really allow the company to stay in business and grow.

I share your sentiment! Being completely new to the audiophile world, the Phantoms have really allowed me to enjoy and experience that sort of sound at an "affordable" price point - if this was part of Devialet's goal, it's worked.

That being said, I do wonder the same thing - and really, with what demographic has it been successful? 

The announcement of the Gold has actually been frustrating for me because it makes me concerned about the longevity of Phantom products if they keep announcing updates and new versions so quickly. It's like Apple products or any electronics that have annual update cycles.
(21-Jul-2016, 09:31)daveyjung Wrote:
(20-Jul-2016, 18:46)kameraguy Wrote: I am in love with my Phantoms, and I hope they last for a very long time.

I share your sentiment! Being completely new to the audiophile world, the Phantoms have really allowed me to enjoy and experience that sort of sound at an "affordable" price point - if this was part of Devialet's goal, it's worked.

That being said, I do wonder the same thing - and really, with what demographic has it been successful? 

The announcement of the Gold has actually been frustrating for me because it makes me concerned about the longevity of Phantom products if they keep announcing updates and new versions so quickly. It's like Apple products or any electronics that have annual update cycles.

I agree that the upgrades can really make previous owners feel "behind" and left out. As is the case for most electronics and how we perceive new releases as upgrades.

It would be nice if Devialet considers having upgrade options for previous owners. Whether it is hardware swaps into existing units via service center, or trade-in.
Not being offensive but I've never understood how a new model makes the previous one obsolete. The new one does not change the performance of the prior model and if one was content with the performance of the prior model, a new one does not change the audio performance of the prior one that I possess. If it was enjoyable when new, it is still as enjoyable when something better comes out.
(21-Jul-2016, 19:07)MountainGuy Wrote: Not being offensive but I've never understood how a new model makes the previous one obsolete.  The new one does not change the performance of the prior model and if one was content with the performance of the prior model, a new one does not change the audio performance of the prior one that I possess.  If it was enjoyable when new, it is still as enjoyable when something better comes out.

No offense taken and I completely agree. I just suspect there will be folks who will get disheartened when a new model comes out that has features or performance that they would like to have. It seems it would be possible to make those people happy with some upgrade path at the customer expense. This can only mean more revenue for Devialet Smile
They seem to have been adopted by a large airport concessions vendor, as I've seen them appear in multiple middle-of-hall terminal bar/restaurants. So they seem to have some commercial application too.
My dealer told me some time ago that the white phantoms weren't selling well compared to the silvers, makes me wonder if the new golds are unsold whites with a bit of an upgrade and new side plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-Aug-2016, 09:16)Adams Wrote: My dealer told me some time ago that the white phantoms weren't selling well compared to the silvers, makes me wonder if the new golds are unsold whites with a bit of an upgrade and new side plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question.... definitely same tooling. Likely a lot of shared parts between the three.
This would be way too expensive.
The fact that phantom silver sells much more than phantom has simply caused an adaptation in the production proportion between the 2 models.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
So why does the White Phantom have white bass drivers, the Silver has silver (metallic) bass drivers, then the Gold has white (plastic?) drivers? A little curious, does anyone know why?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12