Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we doing the real beta testing for Devialet?
As you know, Phantom Premium owners are currently going through a trial of fire upgrading from DOS1 to DOS2, with no way back. Some have survived, a few are in trouble and many, like me, are waiting for the next version.   

I know of at least one user who is a beta tester.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...7#pid87487
Not sure whether @DesertEagleAZ is allowed to tell us the length of time and how many participated in beta testing?

Or are we the real beta testing ground for Devialet? And without Devialet actively participating here?
This seems a reasonable question.
No.

As with every firmware on Phantom, not just the newest one. The latest release of DOS has never been reversible. There’s no physical port on the unit to do a firmware recovery by injecting and overwriting the current one and there’s no way to reverse updated firmware to an older version through software, this would likely conflict with updated firmware packages in certain chipsets. Just as to downgrade an iOS device you must have a physical connection to the device to overwrite the exisiting firmware partition. It’s the same here. The device cannot overwrite itself while using itself. I’m not sure if they could write a downgrade option into the software on multiple system partitions or if the chipset cannot actually support that.

Please be sure to read the support document on devialet.com about migrating to DOS2 before upgrading.

There is no beta testing program from Devialet available to the public and updating to DOS2 poses no risks, apart from some apparent system instability or disliking to the OS from some users. Which has always been there either way (good or bad).

Apart from that it is up to you to device what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(06-Nov-2019, 12:16)kmjy Wrote: There is no beta testing program from Devialet available to the public and updating to DOS2 poses no risks, apart from some apparent system instability or disliking to the OS from some users. Which has always been there either way (good or bad).
To me, not being able to stereo sync is a big issue reported by several users here. It is a foundation capability of DOS2, doing away with the Dialog, yet able to do stereo. That issue alone has left me doubting whether enough testing has been done.

As for users disliking DOS2, can you blame them?  Devialet has not shown much love for their customers and communicate so poorly. There is a defensive tone in my recent support request and I noticed that in a number of posts as well.
(06-Nov-2019, 13:48)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(06-Nov-2019, 12:16)kmjy Wrote: There is no beta testing program from Devialet available to the public and updating to DOS2 poses no risks, apart from some apparent system instability or disliking to the OS from some users. Which has always been there either way (good or bad).
To me, not being able to stereo sync is a big issue reported by several users here. It is a foundation capability of DOS2, doing away with the Dialog, yet able to do stereo. That issue alone has left me doubting whether enough testing has been done.

As for users disliking DOS2, can you blame them?  Devialet has not shown much love for their customers and communicate so poorly. There is a defensive tone in my recent support request and I noticed that in a number of posts as well.

I completely understand what you’re saying. I feel bad for you if you are having issues as the system is incredible otherwise.

But the defensive tone maybe is because people always complain. Like always. About everything. They work hard on their releases with a very small team of software talent and all people do is complain. Maybe they’re not doing enough testing but everyone’s tones are overall disappointing. Maybe I just can’t see it to the same extent because I haven’t had issues ever with my system and set it up as recommended.

If your system isn’t staying in sync. Follow the guidelines written by Devialet if you can. Make sure you have a clean electrical current/line and use the same power board for both Phantom as even when you set it to Wi-Fi they still use PLC. Do not ever use surge protected wall sockets or power boards with them either as this basically destroys the connection over PLC.

Devialet Phantom (White)
Sorry to criticize you but the sync problem is a serious problem and Devialet had already confirmed that it is a software problem which has nothing to do with people being too „stupid“ to read guidelines or setup the system properly. The only stupid thing I and some other folks out there did was to believe that a DOS2 would help me/us to get rid of the dialogue (which it definitely does but at the cost of a properly working stereo system).
@kmjy I chose not to upgrade. And I am one of the more optimistic ones here trying to answer and help. Yet, I chose to start this thread!

It is a vicious cycle where we as customers complain, Devialet appears not too respond and we complain even more. Can't Devialet be more open and communicate more often? Better still, join the forum officially and talk with us instead of AT us. 

There will always be problems. To me, how Devialet responds to a problem is as important solving the problem.
No one is stupid here, for a very long time Devialet is not able to handle correctly any kind of issues by providing a decent support.
DOS2 was supposed to be a new start for every one including the so called stupid people.
Devialet support team is just polite enough to take my complains but no solutions were given so far.
People using DOS1 are still not satisfied with what they have
People using DOS2 was literally amputated of services found is DOS1 + stability issues

The majority of users here are not interested in Lossless audio and for them Bluetooth is working just fine.
That's the reason why only few people are complaining.

Losing stereo that's all !
Please excuse my poor reputation
Since it was suggested that people that have problems with DOS2 just didn‘t follow the guidelines or are too stupid, I just want to add:

I read everything before upgrading to DOS2 and then followed the guidelines meticulously.
But still, something that‘s extremely important to me and was promised to work, just doesn‘t work anymore.
That being airplay via Dialog because my Phantom is pre-airplay.

Now sometimes problems arise and I didn‘t expect DOS2 to be perfect.
But I have tried to call support for three days now. All that happens is that I wait in line and after a few minutes finally hear that their lines are busy and that I can leave a message. No one ever called me back. So I complained via mail. And two days later finally got a reply that was really just asking if I really had upgraded Dialog and if the light was on. I emailed them back rightaway and haven‘t since heard from them. That‘s just not good customer service and I think I have every right to be unhappy about that. And there‘s absolutely no need for anyone to be upset or defensive about it.
(06-Nov-2019, 14:00)kmjy Wrote: I completely understand what you’re saying. I feel bad for you if you are having issues as the system is incredible otherwise.

But the defensive tone maybe is because people always complain. Like always. About everything. They work hard on their releases with a very small team of software talent and all people do is complain. Maybe they’re not doing enough testing but everyone’s tones are overall disappointing. Maybe I just can’t see it to the same extent because I haven’t had issues ever with my system and set it up as recommended.

If your system isn’t staying in sync. Follow the guidelines written by Devialet if you can. Make sure you have a clean electrical current/line and use the same power board for both Phantom as even when you set it to Wi-Fi they still use PLC. Do not ever use surge protected wall sockets or power boards with them either as this basically destroys the connection over PLC.

I don't think you understand anything at all when you're saying you do. Nobody is coming on this forum just for the heck of complaining for no reason, most people just don't have that kind of time. Nobody is denying that they didn't work hard but that doesn't mean their end product is acceptable and workable. No one is dumb enough to not follow all these retarded instructions on Devialet website before coming here and seek help from strangers. Its a small company I understand but they are charging super premium $$ for their product and they need to spend some of it back in terms of customer service. Its been few days when I logged my complaint and this morning I received an email from them asking me if both my speakers are in the same room and which device I m using to airplay. Now I don't get how brain frozen this cs rep is who is getting back to me after few days of complaint regrading the stereo sync just to ask me if both speakers are in the same room. In todays time when things happen in real time this is just horrible customer service, I am not expecting that I am gonna call them and they will fix my speakers on the phone but at least have some common sense when you talk back to your customers and not take 4 days to respond to every question. Everyone who spend 7k$$ like me to setup a stereo system have every right to complain when an existing working product becomes obsolete on the name of making it better through a new software update.