Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention forum owners / moderators
Hi
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct part of the forum, but the owners and/or moderators need to be aware of the fake adverts that are being put up as sponsored adverts on the Tapatalk version of this forum.

I use the free version of Tapatalk on my iPad. The free Tapatalk is of course full of adverts, but lately there has been fake news type scam adverts for bitcoin trader. They are putting up fake adverts claiming that Dragons Den is being axed by the BBC as some of the stars are now investing in Bitcoin and making millions. They are claiming that Gordon Ramsay is closing his restaurants as he is making more money investing in Bitcoin.

I have reported these fake adverts to Tapatalk who have told me they have no control over the forums advertisement content and to contact the forum admin.

Here is the reply I got from Tapatalk.

Thank you for following up on this matter. 

Tapatalk hosts forums and has no access to forum's content management. 
We are in no position to determine if the news posted on this site is fake or otherwise. 
We'd appreciate if you could please approach the site admin to remove the content or other authorities to have the content removed. 
Thank you for reporting this to Tapatalk.

Maybe the Devialet Chat admin needs to look into this?
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
That sounds like they didn't understand your point, they think its content not adverts, I'd go back to them.

I use the free app on andorid, not seen those ads, all the ads on my phone seem targeted at someone interested in fashion, which shows they really don't have any idea about me.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Hmm, weird. I don't think it's anything on the forum but I'll take a look at the Tapatalk config.
(11-May-2018, 10:32)Soniclife Wrote: That sounds like they didn't understand your point, they think its content not adverts, I'd go back to them.

I use the free app on andorid, not seen those ads, all the ads on my phone seem targeted at someone interested in fashion, which shows they really don't have any idea about me.

I first contacted them on Saturday, and after some discussion they did understand that they were adverts. They asked me to send them a link, which I did. The ads seemed to disappear during the early part of the week. Last night it was back again, so I asked them what they did about it and that’s the reply I got this morning.

Your right it does look they think it’s content and not adverts.

If anyone else has seen them they look very slick, some of them purporting to be news from CNN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I can't really see anything in the sites's Tapatalk config or the site itself that can be causing this. I've just updated the Tapatalk plugin though which was one version behind. I'll dig around and see if anyone else is talking about it.
I have seen exactly the same adverts / articles / fake news as mentioned by @disarmamant, but in my case I have seen them on Yahoo Finance, so it looks like they are fairly prolific.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The ads are linked to Facebook, so these seem similar to this...

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2018/...-facebook/

None of these sites want to take accountability for who they sell adverts to.
(11-May-2018, 16:04)Soniclife Wrote: The ads are linked to Facebook, so these seem similar to this...

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2018/...-facebook/

None of these sites want to take accountability for who they sell adverts to.

Here’s the latest one. It came up on Tapatalk Devialet Chat this morning. This is where the ad is linked to.

http://www.kiwiplunge.com/piers-morgan-q...g-britain/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think I'll be clicking on that.

Have you been clicking on the little icon that allows you to report the ad as inappropriate?

Take some screen shots and see how easy it is to complain to the ASA.
(12-May-2018, 18:56)Soniclife Wrote: I don't think I'll be clicking on that.

It’s just a fake news story/bitcoin company advert. They are all over the net.