Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Audio delay
Depending on your video source, if you can use VLC as a playback device, you can send (well, actually, serve) the original audio stream for playback through Phantom/Dialog.
The quality will be same as original and not limited to aptX 44/16.
There's a preliminary explanation in the "Ongoing analysis of Spark protocol" thread.
If there's enough demand and people helping test this, can maybe make a simple utility to avoid using command line tools.
A utility to do so would be great!!! I read your ither thread and gathered it was big news, just not confident myself in applying the method!!
Good suggestion iliapas. I will try the VLC route via Mac mini. I see VLC allows audio delay, so if that works then all will be good.
(12-Jan-2016, 19:10)kameraguy Wrote: Good suggestion iliapas. I will try the VLC route via Mac mini. I see VLC allows audio delay, so if that works then all will be good.

Yes it works. It is known from the start.
The problem is with bluray player or TV.
If your source is from a computer, no problem at all.
I have some updates on what I eluded to on another thread. Kodi boxes allow for +/- audo synchronization but the problem is that most are one directional. I.E. I can stream Netflix via Kodi fine but I can't play live TV through any of my Kodi boxes. 

I found one that appears to allow the HDMI input:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015SNX...1_1&sr=8-1

I've reached out and may order one to test. The only limitation seems to be lack of surround sound which seems to be added into Android 5.0. We need not worry about that at this point anyway  Smile