Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Well my dealer sell lots of Ansuz and I also own one of their powerstrips and they make great cables but the prices are way up there on the better series (Asia is their top market and expensive equals good stuff there).

@baconbrain I hope to snatch a etherREGEN from the first batch when they go on sale next week. There are some new pictures of it and to me this looks like a well designed product at a fair price compared to much els that is just a ordinary switch with some makeup. The possibility to connect it to a 10MHz referens is mostly a sales "gimick" as Uptone calls it as it will be hard to beat a Crystek clock connected with a LVDS signal on the circuitboard (but it is there so it will be a good thing for them that use the Mutec REF10 and a endpoint that also runs a 10MHz signal).

Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thanks, appreciate the info and look forward to your first impressions.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(03-Oct-2019, 07:31)octaviars Wrote: Well my dealer sell lots of Ansuz and I also own one of their powerstrips and they make great cables but the prices are way up there on the better series (Asia is their top market and expensive equals good stuff there).

@baconbrain I hope to snatch a etherREGEN from the first batch when they go on sale next week. There are some new pictures of it and to me this looks like a well designed product at a fair price compared to much els that is just a ordinary switch with some makeup. The possibility to connect it to a 10MHz referens is mostly a sales "gimick" as Uptone calls it as it will be hard to beat a Crystek clock connected with a LVDS signal on the circuitboard (but it is there so it will be a good thing for them that use the Mutec REF10 and a endpoint that also runs a 10MHz signal).

Hi octaviars great pics and info, you must be very excited.

I would be very surprised indeed if connecting a good master clock to the etherREGEN didn't make a pretty profound difference. Anyway I imagine it will be great fun experimenting.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Well time will tell @GuillaumeB I will not be one of those who go down that road and buys an external clock. I have finally got rid of my spaghetti soultion with SOtM, Paul Hynes so no need to start over again laying awake at night thinking about clock cables Big Grin

A external REF klock like Mutec will allways have a better spec than the internal Crystek CCHD-575 in a etherREGEN but always the disadvantage of being connected single ended with BNC connectors and a cable to it.

A clock like the Crystek that have really good specs sitting within mm from the synthesizer it is connected to and with a circuitboard with LVDS (low voltage differential signal) will be very robust in the way the clock signal is treated.

I suppose we will see rather soon if by-passing the Crystek and going with a external 10MHz signal directly to the Silicon differential clock synthesizer will be better Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Webpage up and runing from Uptone.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/EtherREGEN

Second system

Got a etherREGEN from the first batch. Uptone sold 155 of it in 6 minutes when the sales started and the second batch of 250 within one hour. 95 from first batch of 250 goes to stores in the UK and Hong Kong so 500 sold in the first hour that is wicked Smile

Second system

Yes Caelin in the US managed to buy one in first batch. He has promised to send me his unit after testing so that I can compare to the SOtM.  Cool

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Looking forward to hearing some listening results.

I started an EtherRegen thread on another forum and got jumped on by someone who favours Audio Science Review. There is an anti Uptone mob on ASR who are already up in arms on a product they have not seen. Hope we do not get too many ASR worshippers here who are deaf to anything other than a measure.
@Snoopy8 I did have a look at ASR but I just think that it is funny that the person who started the thread owns a Molo Mola dac that cost more than €10k and most of them claims all DACs sound the same.
All this goes back to when Amir at ASR measured the usbREGEN and later one of their PSU and all hell broke loose. 
I dont mind spending $640 on a etherREGEN as that compared to many other products today is not that much money and "if" it makes any difference well that is a plus.

Second system

has someone already tested the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch ? A review from the Netherlands state it is much better than the Aqvox SE which I own. And only costs 399€.