Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
Hi all,

Review of the Silent Angel Bonn N8 in Dutch:

https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/28188/Review...tches.html

Google translate will help you all I think. 

I will soon buy one here:

https://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/silen...witch.html

I know this shop well: I own a lot Kemp with Van den Hul mainstream equipment; my 230V is galvanic separated from the main and that's expensive (>€ 20k) with Rel subs and Devialet amplification. Kemp also offers a better power supply, even when Silent Angel says: don't do it.... W'll see,

Cheers,
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

(24-Oct-2019, 13:16)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: Hi all,

Review of the Silent Angel Bonn N8 in Dutch:

https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/28188/Review...tches.html

Google translate will help you all I think. 

I will soon buy one here:

https://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/silen...witch.html

I know this shop well: I own a lot Kemp with Van den Hul mainstream equipment; my 230V is galvanic separated from the main and that's expensive (>€ 20k) with Rel subs and Devialet amplification. Kemp also offers a better power supply, even when Silent Angel says: don't do it.... W'll see,

Cheers,

Interestingly this weekend at the Hifi Show Live in Ascot we are using one of these! 

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Oct-2019, 22:50)Snoopy8 Wrote: Yes, some silly Melco marketing stuff but it does not get the same amount of vitriol that the EtherRegen gets. 

Uptone has somehow attracted a cult dedicated to taking apart all of its products in many forums. Sad that hate for Uptone overrides any objectivity. I got questioned for stating that I was open minded and wanting to read the initial listening reviews of the EtherRegen.

Well I suppose it could be that both Alex (Superdad) and John Swenson is easy to write to at forums and it is perhaps more "fun" that you actually can talk directly to them. I tend to not care so much what is going on at ASR forum and often the same people that writes there does the same writing on other forums.....on Roon Community the thread got closed really fast.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Datasheet "Melco Switch S100"
https://www.melco-audio-masters.com/uplo...eet_v3.pdf
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hope that the performance tallies with the asking price. The build quality (like my D100) looks to be excellent though.
(23-Oct-2019, 22:50)Snoopy8 Wrote: Uptone has somehow attracted a cult dedicated to taking apart all of its products in many forums. Sad that hate for Uptone overrides any objectivity. I got questioned for stating that I was open minded and wanting to read the initial listening reviews of the EtherRegen.

Yes but if a companies solution to product critical posts in their own (sponsored) thread is to just remove them, then something is out of balance ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Interested in one too Peter, but not before the end of this year. They are being sold by several shops in The Netherlands now. All seem to be equally enthousiastic. I had contact with 'Beter Beeld & Geluid' in Hilversum. Nice guys who also sell Devialet and are offering a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. I am interested in reading what your experience will be with this switch if you obtain one sooner than I.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(24-Oct-2019, 15:55)octaviars Wrote: Well I suppose it could be that both Alex (Superdad) and John Swenson is easy to write to at forums and it is perhaps more "fun" that you actually can talk directly to them. I tend to not care so much what is going on at ASR forum and often the same people that writes there does the same writing on other forums.....on Roon Community the thread got closed really fast.

(24-Oct-2019, 18:13)baconbrain Wrote: Yes but if a companies solution to product critical posts in their own (sponsored) thread is to just remove them, then something is out of balance ...

ASR worshippers raise valid points about the value of Ethernet switches, but get overboard and insist that theirs is the ONLY truth.  Funny thing is that they do not listen to music and just worship measurements that they alone determine. Some ASR members posted on the EtherRegen thread with the intent of disrupting the thread as they did on Roon and other forums.  I believe that it was the right thing to do to remove those posts.

However, I will be looking for posts on the Uptone EtherRegen thread that say it did not work for them.  Have both yes and no posts will help me make my mind up.  If those posts are deleted, then I agree that something is out of balance.
And another new kid on the block! Smile

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/etherstre...rk-switch/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Nov-2019, 11:48)Antoine Wrote: And another new kid on the block! Smile

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/etherstre...rk-switch/

Love this quote from the website: „ EtherStream is also tested with family to see how they’d react to this. Mom and dad said songs streamed from PC sounding a lot better. Sister said she could see hair line from streaming KPop video so clearly. Brother also said about getting lower ping and less lag in games too.

Curious if the dog had an opinion ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack