Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(25-Feb-2021, 10:10)ogs Wrote:
(25-Feb-2021, 07:44)Pim Wrote: I still think he's a dick for posting miss understood rubbish about SAM on the Roon site though.

I'd like to read this. Have you got links?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale.../119245/26

Edit; You're in it @ogs
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I'm not sure this is the same person (Armin M, a German name, posting about SAM, versus Amir, an Asian looking gentleman who runs the AudioScience Review ...
System: Roon on NUC, music library on Synology NAS, all connected via ethernet. Thorens TD-160 super (revised and restored) with SME 3009-III, Devialet Expert pro 440 CI, Marten Django XL
(25-Feb-2021, 10:56)Pim Wrote: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale.../119245/26

Edit; You're in it @ogs

Ah, that one! It's definitely Amir in the video. I believe @pvanosta  is right. Armin from that thread is someone else.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Another new one in the boat Big Grin

https://innuos.com/phoenixnet/

https://innuos.com/wp-content/uploads/20...A5_WEB.pdf
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(25-Feb-2021, 21:15)ogs Wrote:
(25-Feb-2021, 10:56)Pim Wrote: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale.../119245/26

Edit; You're in it @ogs

Ah, that one! It's definitely Amir in the video. I believe @pvanosta  is right. Armin from that thread is someone else.

Yep, my bad. Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(25-Feb-2021, 22:13)K4680 Wrote: Another new one in the boat Big Grin

https://innuos.com/phoenixnet/

https://innuos.com/wp-content/uploads/20...A5_WEB.pdf

Time for Brenda from Bristol I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyxm8cjMSCo

Although the PhoenixNET does look nice, and it does have one of the best LPSU's in the business.  This is kit that measurably does nothing done right!  (Unless Innuos have some measurements?)

Once this virus thing is out of the way, maybe someone will organise a properly controlled blind test session for a switch or two, that would be interesting.  Maybe Brenda would be up for it?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I can truly say the Etherregen is a game changer.
Expert line seems to be a sensible construction - as also proven in the power supply topic what a Audioquest Niagara 3000+ can do.
(26-Feb-2021, 19:33)markush Wrote: I can truly say the Etherregen is a game changer.
Expert line seems to be a sensible construction - as also proven in the power supply topic what a Audioquest Niagara 3000+ can do.

I have a slightly different interpretation of the situation  at hand.

The Devialet is as close as it gets to an ideal component. Meaning that any suboptimal component around it removes from the ideal performance. It’s perhaps what you mean by « sensitive construction »?

This can give a mistaken impression about how good the surrounding components are. Having compared a generic hub to the EtheRegen (in a super optimized set up) and to the S10. Yes the EtheRegen is better than a generic hub but in my experience other audiophile hubs (such as the S10 I have extended first hand experience with) take things to a significantly higher level still. And you would hope they do considering the price premium.

Same for power. I would recommend trying the Shunyata Everest and matching power cords if you haven’t done so yet. It takes things further.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(28-Feb-2021, 07:37)bernardl Wrote:
(26-Feb-2021, 19:33)markush Wrote: I can truly say the Etherregen is a game changer.

The Devialet is as close as it gets to an ideal component. Meaning that any suboptimal component around it removes from the ideal performance. It’s perhaps what you mean by « sensitive construction »?

This can give a mistaken impression about how good the surrounding components are. Having compared a generic hub to the EtheRegen (in a super optimized set up) and to the S10. Yes the EtheRegen is better than a generic hub but in my experience other audiophile hubs (such as the S10 I have extended first hand experience with) take things to a significantly higher level still. And you would hope they do considering the price premium.

Same for power. I would recommend trying the Shunyata Everest and matching power cords if you haven’t done so yet. It takes things further.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,
What amp did you have prior to devialet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with your comments about the Devialet and it works extremely well in my set up. Having said that,I did not have a very good experience with the etherregen at all. I felt that it raised the volume by several db and artificially bumped up the bass and the midrange didn't sound natural at all.What was even more disturbing, it rain so hot that for some strange reason, my entire system shut down. I took it out of the chain and everything was fine then. Now I use the JCAT M12 gold switch which I am a lot more comfortable with. A lot also depends upon the kind of router that you use. The Ubiquiti Edge Router X SFP delivers a very clean signal. I think you're totally on the ball with the Shunyata Everest; that'll be my next upgrade

(28-Feb-2021, 07:56)no32 Wrote:
(28-Feb-2021, 07:37)bernardl Wrote:

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,
What amp did you have prior to devialet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk