Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries Vs Aurender X100
(21-Nov-2014, 13:35)Antoine Wrote: Looks very nice, the Aurender as well!! But, I see a lot of glass, solid floors/walls so a lot of reflective surfaces. If you haven't looked at it yet, I think (can't see the whole room of course) your room/music playback quality would benefit enormously from acoustical treatment.
I fully agree with you Antoine

But it is a challenge considering the wife effect Smile

I will try to add improvements to the room acoustics gradually and subtly
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(21-Nov-2014, 14:48)geoff Wrote:
(21-Nov-2014, 12:52)amabrok Wrote:
(21-Nov-2014, 12:41)geoff Wrote: Where can I purchase that nice shelve/cabinet piece you have in your pictures with Aurender and Devialet?

This is a simple rack unit from IKEA, nothing fancy in terms of audiophile furniture, but it compliments the simplicity and the aesthetics of Devialet and transparent presence of Martin Logan

Thank you for replying. I thought "could this be IKEA?" but wanted to ask to be sure. The thickness of the top was the giveaway as that's pretty standard thickness on many IKEA furniture pieces. IKEA change styles and finishes often. Back in 90's went to Burbank IKEA often (and that wonderful Virgin Mega Music Superstore in same area that had a classical section to die for). Back then beech was the IKEA finish most common. Any idea what the name of your IKEA piece is/was called? Thank you.
I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of this piece but you will find it easily in the racks section. It is 170x50 cm. Also it came with 4 short pods but I did not fix them because I think the unit looks better lying flat on the floor
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(21-Nov-2014, 15:04)amabrok Wrote:
(21-Nov-2014, 14:48)geoff Wrote:
(21-Nov-2014, 12:52)amabrok Wrote:
(21-Nov-2014, 12:41)geoff Wrote: Where can I purchase that nice shelve/cabinet piece you have in your pictures with Aurender and Devialet?

This is a simple rack unit from IKEA, nothing fancy in terms of audiophile furniture, but it compliments the simplicity and the aesthetics of Devialet and transparent presence of Martin Logan

Thank you for replying. I thought "could this be IKEA?" but wanted to ask to be sure. The thickness of the top was the giveaway as that's pretty standard thickness on many IKEA furniture pieces. IKEA change styles and finishes often. Back in 90's went to Burbank IKEA often (and that wonderful Virgin Mega Music Superstore in same area that had a classical section to die for). Back then beech was the IKEA finish most common. Any idea what the name of your IKEA piece is/was called? Thank you.
I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of this piece but you will find it easily in the racks section. It is 170x50 cm. Also it came with 4 short pods but I did not fix them because I think the unit looks better lying flat on the floor

Look like the "Lack" series furniture.

Do you know if Aurender is planning on integrating Qobuz or only Tidal? Tidal is not available where i live.
(21-Nov-2014, 18:42)Rob35 Wrote: Do you know if Aurender is planning on integrating Qobuz or only Tidal? Tidal is not available where i live.

At the time being neither qobuz nor Tidal. As per TVLogic, the manufacturer of aurender, they are currently working on an integration for Tidal on aurender. unfortunately they are not considering qobuz.

For tidal integration, they are aiming for sometime towards the end of this year or early next year

I am sure you can still get Tidal, no matter where you are Cool

Dubai, UAE
I think you mean router when you say modem. When people talk about a modem they usually refer to the device on one edge of their network connecting their network to their ISP, internet service provider.

A router is used to transfer traffic between networks, for example your home network and that of your ISP. A modem nowadays usually has a router built in.

For WiFi you need either a router with a built in WiFi access point or a separate WiFi access point.

In a typical home network all the mentioned devices, so the router/modem, Wifi accesspoint, are all connected to a ethernet switch. This switch let's all the devices in your home network including your PC's talk to each other. I mentioned that the modem often has a router built in and the same goes for this switch.

The traffic of an iPad that connects to a WiFi access point is routed to the switch which then transfers it to the Aurender also connected to the switch or, if it's a webpage your visiting on your iPad to your modem, which them sends the the data to your ISP.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(21-Nov-2014, 23:29)geoff Wrote: A few questions about Aurender X100 with Devialet 120 as simple two box system. Optimum way to connect these two devices and control wireless with iPad? Isn't a modem required for wireless control with iPad and modem's by default come with those cheap noise-producing power supplies which are a negative. The Devialet 120 and X100 have but one Ethernet connection, so how to connect modem? How have others addressed these issues? Thank you.
Hi geoff

Like Antoine highlighted a modem is a device to connect you to the Internet usually provided by your isp. It may be a standalone modem or with built in router as well. The router allows several devices to share the connection coming from the modem and also allows building what is called a local area network or LAN. This allow devices on the LAN to share files, printers, media, etc... .

A LAN could either be wired or wireless or a mix of both.

To your point, network components are usually not built for high grade audiophile performance and may impact the transmitted signal in setups where one relies on streaming from an attached network storage or NAS using DLNA/Upnp protocol.

And that is the brilliance of the Aurender X100 since it allows the storage of all your music on its internal HDD and buffers your play list to its built-in SSD for the best possible jitter-free playback. The Aurender only uses the network to allow ipad control, copy music to the internal HDD, or update is firmware or library meta data.

But network does not play a role in playback and hence has no risk on SQ. And theoretically that plus of course good design what makes the Aurender superior to other streamers imo

Cheers!

Dubai, UAE
(22-Nov-2014, 12:50)geoff Wrote: Thank you for replies. I erred saying "modem" as meant to say "router." Common mistake for me. I have limited internet GB data use with overpriced ISP plan and no alternatives in rural area at this time and therefore use my current network music player with router configured on my network san active internet connection. I run simple two-bay Synology NAS in RAID configuration. I like cloned drives and ease of swapping new drives in if one is in danger of failing. Even better is Synology app set to email user if drive shows signs of failure. Backups on USB drives are OK, but active preemptive measures to prevent data loss is better yet. The Aurender X100 does not allow this unfortunately, but not a deal breaker and of course there are size restraints in Aurender devices so designed. Most important to me is modem on my network sans internet connection for Aurender app control. What connection method is preferred for Devialet 120 > Aurender X100 > router via Aurender app control on iPad? Thank you.

Hi geoff

think of the aurender as 2 in 1 box. i.e. you take out your streamer and NAS and in their place you add the aurender X100 (L or S) L for large dual HDD capacity and S for small HDD capacity.

the X100 connects to your wifi router via an ethernet cable and the iPad connect to the same wifi router wirelessly. and the X100 has a USB digital out the uses a USB A/B cable to connect to Devialet.

basically you transfer all your library from your NAS to the internal storage of the X100 and you are ready to transport it all form the aurender X100 to the D120 and control everything by your iPad (or Android phone). this setup will work perfectly fine without access to the internet.

you may need occasional access to the internet though to update firmware when available.

hope this helped

cheers

Dubai, UAE
(22-Nov-2014, 15:11)geoff Wrote: Thank you. I like. When I sell my Lumin A1, likely go Aurender X100L to simplify. Only hold back left is Devialet getting firmware update for DoP. Having two small boxes (plus router) and small LS50 SAM-ified standmounts will fit my senior lifestyle/small living space beautifully - and saying that coming from some pretty impressive audio systems I've owned in past.

Seems like a solid setup for me Smile

Dubai, UAE
Looking at the app it doesn't do volume. So you still use the remote?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Nov-2014, 01:52)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Looking at the app it doesn't do volume. So you still use the remote?

Hi Pim

The X100 is just a pure transporter. Think of it as a high quality CD transport with only one function that is to pick the data to the very last bit from a compact disc and then send it to a DAC through a digital out. The X100 is a transport in the same sense but instead of picking up the bits from a CD it picks it up from a file then send it to an external DAC via a USB audio out. As such and being a pure transport, it has no built in DAC nor a preamp so there is no volume control function.

Now your Devialet gets the digital signal through its USB in and does the volume control in its preamp section. Remember, Devialet has a high quality built in DAC, preamp and amp all in one and of course you control the volume through the Devialet physical remote or the Devialet app on iOS or Android.

Cheers

Dubai, UAE