Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries Vs Aurender X100
(28-Nov-2014, 12:21)geoff Wrote: Likely be early 2015 before I purchase X100L. Before that I must know if Aurender app control can be configured on my network with active internet connection. I would only use active internet connection via notebook to X100L for updates, etc. where acive internet connection is required. My Lumin Network Player functions configured this way, of course the Lumin is an "all-in-one" source. Looking forward to comparison of older TI DAC's in Devialet (Magic Wire tweak, whatever that really is) vs Wolfson DAC's in Lumin.

Hi geoff

I am not sure i understand what do you mean by active internet connection? do you mean an ad-hoc connection between aurender X100 and your laptop via an ethernet cable, where ur laptop provides internet access via its wifi connection?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(28-Nov-2014, 12:40)geoff Wrote: Hiya amabrok,

Have my router settings configured to ask "use with internet" or "use without internet connection" to connect to my network. As I am limited to 5GB of data a month of internet use, this is essential. Verizon Jetpack is a poor substitute for low cost ISP with fast speeds and unlimited use. Many of us in certain rural locations have this issue, and I've lived in NYC, LA, Seattle, Miami and overseas, so I've had pleasure of f-a-s-t internet previously. Life. Its always changing.

Clear Smile thanks for the clarification.

i can confirm that the aurender Conductor app does not require internet connection to control the aurender X100. all what you need to do is to have your iPad or Android device connected to the wifi router that will connect the aurender via ethernet cable.

you can only grant the aurender x100 internet access when and only when there is a new firmware update and that it is all. The library management in any case managed on your laptop (i keep a backup of everything on the aurender on a backup NAS, so library management and housekeeping are done via my laptop on the backup NAS first then copy and paste to the aurender)

having said all of that (and since i am not aware about the technicality of "active internet connection"), there is a remote chance that this may require something special that aurender OS may be lacking to connect to the router with this active internet connection set. for that i suggest you drop the TVlogic guys an email to be on the safe side.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
It has dawned on me that what I really want is a non PC front end but I still want all the track ratings and playlists that I have developed on iTunes over very many years. Is this impossible??
(29-Nov-2014, 00:52)Confused Wrote: It has dawned on me that what I really want is a non PC front end but I still want all the track ratings and playlists that I have developed on iTunes over very many years. Is this impossible??
The Aurender Conductor app has rating and playlist functions. As discussed on the thread "Tools for library management" you can give Yate a try to see if it will help you get all your ratings in the tags of your library and then use it as you like with any other software.

Then for a non - computer front end solution I would encourage you to give Aurender X100 (S or L, depending on your storage capacity needs) a try and judge for yourself.

The only downside I feel now with Aurender is that there are no plans for qobuz integration (only for tidal) and I believe qobuz is better

Dubai, UAE
I see that Oxford Audio Consultants in the UK are now stockists for Aurender products.
(29-Nov-2014, 06:12)amabrok Wrote: The only downside I feel now with Aurender is that there are no plans for qobuz integration (only for tidal) and I believe qobuz is better

If its any reassurance, Linn have recently released native support for TIDAL and the report I heard from a KDS user was that it sounds fantastic.

There really shouldn't be any difference in sound between Qobuz and TIDAL. TIDAL told me that 85% of their catalogue was lossless quality, I'm not sure about Qobuz's catalogue.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(22-Dec-2014, 14:35)PhilP Wrote: There really shouldn't be any difference in sound between Qobuz and TIDAL. TIDAL told me that 85% of their catalogue was lossless quality, I'm not sure about Qobuz's catalogue.

Maybe it a regional effect but it is a fact that qobuz streaming is far more reliable than Tidal which suffers from dropouts in my system.

On a subjective note,i feel that qobuz sounds better but I could be totally wrong as it may simply be that my perception is negatively affected by the dropouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE
(22-Dec-2014, 14:44)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 14:35)PhilP Wrote: There really shouldn't be any difference in sound between Qobuz and TIDAL. TIDAL told me that 85% of their catalogue was lossless quality, I'm not sure about Qobuz's catalogue.

Maybe it a regional effect but it is a fact that qobuz streaming is far more reliable than Tidal which suffers from dropouts in my system.

On a subjective note,i feel that qobuz sounds better but I could be totally wrong as it may simply be that my perception is negatively affected by the dropouts

I'm UK-based and also had drop-outs when I was trialling TIDAL. I raised this with them and they responded very quickly saying "We also work on figuring out what is causing the dropouts for some users, we are very sorry about this."
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
(22-Dec-2014, 14:49)PhilP Wrote:

I'm UK-based and also had drop-outs when I was trialling TIDAL. I raised this with them and they responded very quickly saying "We also work on figuring out what is causing the dropouts for some users, we are very sorry about this."

I had the sane swift response from them as well when I reported the drop out. But unfortunately I still experience it, though I admit that there is improvement

Dubai, UAE
(22-Dec-2014, 14:59)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 14:49)PhilP Wrote:

I had the sane swift response from them as well when I reported the drop out. But unfortunately I still experience it, though I admit that there is improvement

I should have mentioned that the KDS owner who said the TIDAL sound is fantastic is based in the US.

Meanwhile I heard that Qobuz are planning a 24-bit streaming service... I would doubt whether this will be viable for many users