Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Auralic Aries
Hello Guillaume, any news about USB tests with the Aries ? From my side, not possible to connect the Aries to a TotalDac in USB. Expecting some support from Auralic.
(07-Sep-2014, 07:49)Patatorz Wrote: Hello Guillaume, any news about USB tests with the Aries ? From my side, not possible to connect the Aries to a TotalDac in USB. Expecting some support from Auralic.

Hi Patatorz, I've been running the Aries with USB for the past week. I had some difficulties with this at first... there are two USB ports at the back of the Aries... one says DAC and the other USB. I used the DAC one.

Secondly (if you haven't already done this) you need to go into the LDS app on your iPad and in settings manually select Devialet USB Audio 2.0 - see image below:

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hello Guillaume, thanks for the feedback. I know that perfectly as the Aries is working fine on a Oppo HA-1.
With the TotalDac, not possible to see the TotalDac (as your devialet or my Oppo) in the devices list for output selection in LDS....
(07-Sep-2014, 09:55)Patatorz Wrote: Hello Guillaume, thanks for the feedback. I know that perfectly as the Aries is working fine on a Oppo HA-1.
With the TotalDac, not possible to see the TotalDac (as your devialet or my Oppo) in the devices list for output selection in LDS....

Sorry Patatorz! I completely misunderstood your post...Blush

OK I have no idea then...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
The Aries works fine on the Oppo, the TotalDac server and a SOtM sms100 works fine on the TotalDac. The Aries and the TotalDac do not work together in USB....very strange
(07-Sep-2014, 10:03)Patatorz Wrote: The Aries works fine on the Oppo, the TotalDac server and a SOtM sms100 works fine on the TotalDac. The Aries and the TotalDac do not work together in USB....very strange

It would be best to notify TotalDac as well... I read somewhere that Vincent was attacking such incompatibility issues on his side...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(07-Sep-2014, 07:49)Patatorz Wrote: Hello Guillaume, any news about USB tests with the Aries ? From my side, not possible to connect the Aries to a TotalDac in USB. Expecting some support from Auralic.

Hi Patatorz
this is certainly interesting. Aries to TotalDac reclocker via USB and then to the Devialet. Surprising this does not work as I think both use XMOS. Quite high price though!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hello both Vincent BRIENT (totaldac) and auralic are aware. Already has feedbacks from Vincent but no solution at this point.
Follow-up....I don't have real feedback from auralic today (just say that it is a problem from TotalDac) and I'm focussing on my research.

None of the following cables are working : synergistic research active core SE, Mapleshade, oyaide 5S.

I tried a 10m USB extend, it does not work.
I tried my printer cable (10€ bought from the supermarket @ corner of the street) : and it works !!! Except the fact that the price is 10€, the only difference is the length : 2m !

It also works with the TotalDac USB filtered cable....

TotalDac and auralic have these informations, let's see what will happen.
(07-Sep-2014, 14:44)Patatorz Wrote: Follow-up....I don't have real feedback from auralic today (just say that it is a problem from TotalDac) and I'm focussing on my research.

None of the following cables are working : synergistic research active core SE, Mapleshade, oyaide 5S.

I tried a 10m USB extend, it does not work.
I tried my printer cable (10€ bought from the supermarket @ corner of the street) : and it works !!! Except the fact that the price is 10€, the only difference is the length : 2m !

It also works with the TotalDac USB filtered cable....

TotalDac and auralic have these informations, let's see what will happen.
USB can be used upto 5 meters, anything above that in not supported.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#USB_2.0
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands