Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Auralic Aries
Thanks..it was a desperate test :-)
Hello, few more informations.
I can run the Aries on the TotalDac with a 2m printer cable and the TotalDac USB filtered cable. Not possible with a Mapleshade, oyaide 5s and synergistic research digital core active.
I will have another Aries today in order to understand if it comes from my unit. I could also test on another TotalDac.

Today no solution or clue to solve this "problem" : keep you posted.
(02-Sep-2014, 08:40)GuillaumeB Wrote: Kazoo crashes when I select the Aries - see image below:

Linn replied and told me that Kazoo crashes deliberately because Aries has a faulty implementation of OpenHome.

I found this both funny and sad.

Crashes deliberately? Really? Because showing a warning, being robust and user friendly was just too difficult?

Also if the implementation is so faulty, how come Kinsky, Lumin app and BubbleDS work?

Well, that's software for you.
New review:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/auralic/1.html
Interesting review! I can certainly attest to the impressive soundstage, detail & dynamics of the Aries. I found it a bit confusing in the review as to what was hooked up to what though, but in think I got it in the end.
Difficult to read and catch the ideas... Perhaps because English is not my first language
I had huge issues with Jriver MC20 running on Mac with AIR.

It has problem sending proper info on bitrates of each file (if they are different) and get understood by devialet.
Not sure if problem is with AIR or jriver.

PC version works.

This is the reason why I am looking at Aries...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(27-Dec-2014, 06:40)madumm Wrote: I had huge issues with Jriver MC20 running on Mac with AIR.

It has problem sending proper info on bitrates of each file (if they are different) and get understood by devialet.
Not sure if problem is with AIR or jriver.

PC version works.

This is the reason why I am looking at Aries...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been confirmed, that Devialet AIR has issue (Mac version).
Waiting for a fix soon.. hopefully..
Rgds
(02-Jan-2015, 07:23)madumm Wrote: It has been confirmed, that Devialet AIR has issue (Mac version).
Rgds

You mean confirmed by Devialet folks?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(02-Jan-2015, 08:22)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Jan-2015, 07:23)madumm Wrote: It has been confirmed, that Devialet AIR has issue (Mac version).
Rgds

You mean confirmed by Devialet folks?

Yes, Devialet themselves.