Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Auralic Aries
It was a year ago, so things might have gotten better.

Luckily my Aries arrived to the my country yesterday but is now held hostage by the customs. So in a week or so I can experience a new and cheaper disappointment. But I'm hoping for the best. The interview gave a nice picture of their future plans. Plans that I approve and support.
(20-Aug-2014, 10:08)jjo Wrote: It was a year ago, so things might have gotten better.

Luckily my Aries arrived to the my country yesterday but is now held hostage by the customs. So in a week or so I can experience a new and cheaper disappointment. But I'm hoping for the best. The interview gave a nice picture of their future plans. Plans that I approve and support.

Good luck with that! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Auralic ARIES ordered! Smile

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Aug-2014, 14:00)GuillaumeB Wrote: Auralic ARIES ordered! Smile

Guillaume

You are definitely on fire !!!

Smile
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Guillaume,
Did you have a chance to try the Aries before purchasing? Impressions?
(23-Aug-2014, 11:10)GTX Wrote: Guillaume,

Hi there, no not yet. Getting it on a 14 day sale or return. Will be posting detailed impressions once I've had a chance to use.

Guillaume

UK
So, I paid the taxes and custom fees and my Aries was released for delivery. Too bad nothing will happen before next week Sad

In the mean time things took and interesting turn. A friend of mine brought me Lumin T1 to play with for a couple of days Smile
(23-Aug-2014, 11:53)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Aug-2014, 11:10)GTX Wrote: Guillaume,

Hi there, no not yet. Getting it on a 14 day sale or return. Will be posting detailed impressions once I've had a chance to use.

Guillaume

Excellent Guillaume! Hopefully you will have the Totaldac, Aries and Mind all at the same time. The comments about the Aries on Computer Audiophile now seem a lot more positive than a couple of weeks ago with several people saying it sounds better than a Mac Mini so it's looking like a lot more attractive option.

Have you decided how you will compare them? I guess that NAS, Streamer and Devialet (AIR) all connected to the same router via ethernet UPnP would be the most obvious approach but it would be interesting to try other connections e.g AES/EBU if you have the time and patience.

I'm very much looking forward to your findings.

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
+1

Guillaume... Waiting for your thumb up (or down) on the Aries!
I've no particular comparisons to add here, but have been listening to my Aries LE a lot over the last few days - it's raining heavily where I am!

It does sound very very good indeed, previous source was a Sonos Connect with Synchromesh, so not really a valid comparison.

Auralic's own software is poor (I'm being kind here) so you may need to use the Lumin software, which is far better. I've had a few network connection issues - library disappearing etc - so am looking forward to them implementing the USB functionality.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS