Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Auralic Aries
Anynone tested Aries with Devialet so far?
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Yes I'm using one, wrote about it here already, but not in the best place probably

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-AES-EBU-c...ons?page=2
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
I missed that!...

Please continue updating us as you have more experience... I am checking out the computeraudiophile forum... but no Devialet related info there for Aries...

I would like to know more on comparisons with AIR on sound quality...

Thanks...

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(17-Aug-2014, 12:12)Unclemonty Wrote: Yes I'm using one, wrote about it here already, but not in the best place probably

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-AES-EBU-c...ons?page=2

Hi Unclemonty

2 questions for you on the Aries+ Devialet combo:
- how do you compare sound quality versus AIR and spdif? Any difference?
- have you tried streaming Qobuz hifi thru the Aries? I heard it in Munich and it sounded great. If you have time would appreciate a comparison of Qobuz sound quality with and without the Aries

Thanks in advance. Vincenzo
Hi Vincenzo, sorry I can't be too much help here - I haven't used Air for quite while so comparison would not be meaningful any more, and regarding Qobuz it isn't available where I live (Australia).
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
http://www.audiostream.com/content/qa-xu...ng-auralic

Tongue
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(18-Aug-2014, 23:10)Petter Wrote: http://www.audiostream.com/content/qa-xu...ng-auralic

Tongue

Thanks Petter. Does anyone else have experience with the Aries?
(12-Aug-2014, 12:45)Unclemonty Wrote: I'm thinking maybe something that has on board storage, and that doesn't connect to a NAS or a router or a computer might be the solution, sort of like an adult iPod.

You mean something like an Aurender music server? Trouble is they are even more expensive!

Their cheapest model is the Aurender X100L Music Player which retails at £3,250. The top of the range model is the W20 which costs £13k!

Would be interesting to try one though... Idea

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I did try Aurender but I could not justify getting one even though it was offered to me for half price. It was an impressive chunk of hifi, but like most times, the software was nowhere near ready, usable or even stable.
(20-Aug-2014, 10:01)jjo Wrote: half price

Yikes! Tongue

(20-Aug-2014, 10:01)jjo Wrote: the software was nowhere near ready, usable or even stable.

When was this? That's really surprising... or perhaps not! Rolleyes

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK