Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background noise level when idle
Today I found one of my Devialet when idle not playing music, and if I put my ear within 5cm close to the speaker driver unit, I can hear some background noise. The speaker is GT1.

Wondering does anyone else has the same “issue”? Or it should be absolutely no sound/silent when muse is paused?
I would say that unless you crank the volume up to maximum, there should not any noise, unless maybe a tiny bit of hiss from the tweeter.

Try a full power-off and reboot - on the odd occasions when something similar has happened to me, that has always fixed it.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
So you have the Devialet connected to another device ?
no, it’s not connected to any input. Only wifi for streaming.

I just notice one of the Devialet if I put my ear right next to the speaker driver I can hear very low humming noise, but only hear able within 10cm.

Just want to know if this is normal.
Does the volume of the noise increase if you turn up the volume of your Devialet? If not, it’s not likely tied to any inputs to your Expert Pro. It might be RFI/EMI interference getting picked up from other equipment nearby. Leave the Devialet on (while it’s making this sound) and start turning off other nearby equipment. You may also find it coming from a light dimmer switch or a fluorescent bulb going bad (this last one happened to me when I discovered an outside flourescent flood light was the cause - took me forever to track it down).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(08-May-2021, 13:50)mdconnelly Wrote: Does the volume of the noise increase if you turn up the volume of your Devialet? If not, it’s not likely tied to any inputs to your Expert Pro. It might be RFI/EMI interference getting picked up from other equipment nearby. Leave the Devialet on (while it’s making this sound) and start turning off other nearby equipment. You may also find it coming from a light dimmer switch or a fluorescent bulb going bad (this last one happened to me when I discovered an outside flourescent flood light was the cause - took me forever to track it down).

Thanks. Today I move another Devialet to the same place with the Same speaker and also has the same noise. Which means it’s not a defective device because it’s unlikely both are defective.

The noise is extremely low I have to put my ear touching the speaker to hear it.