Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic streaming to D200/D250 question
(13-Jan-2016, 12:31)pvanosta Wrote: Thank you all and I am glad I asked the question now  Smile

I may still end up with a Devialet, but it's no longer the slam dunk, "replace 3 boxes with 1" solution I was hoping for.

Depends on how you see the 3 boxes.....to me it is 4 boxes, RIAA, DAC, pre-amp and amplifier but not a streamer that you have to look for some other brand for now.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Indeed, to me the 3 were
-streamer/dac (currently my Oppo105)
-preamp (Parasound Halo JC1-BP
- power amp (Bel Canto Ref 1000 monoblocks)
(13-Jan-2016, 11:40)pvanosta Wrote: Thanks,
Unfortunately that doesn't jive with my understanding of the word Streamer, often used to describe the D series. A streamer takes an inbound ethernet signal and converts it into a digital output or (if an internal DAC is present, such as it is in the Devialet) converts it into an analog output...

You are spot on. AIR works great for some and not for others. I believe Devialet advertise this function and should not be.
The Devialet is however offers excellent sound quality. I bought it as a one box solution and after 9 months of problems with AIR, I bought a Melco to work as a streaming solution. To call the Devialet a streamer to me is misleading........but I guess thats beause I was one of the users where the AIR function was just unreliable.

One box solution?? definitely not. Amazing amp.....most definitely.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Wink 
Womaz
(13-Jan-2016, 11:40)pvanosta Wrote: Thanks,
Unfortunately that doesn't jive with my understanding of the word Streamer, often used to describe the D series. A streamer takes an inbound ethernet signal and converts it into a digital output or (if an internal DAC is present, such as it is in the Devialet) converts it into an analog output...

Quote:You are spot on. AIR works great for some and not for others. I believe Devialet advertise this function and should not be.
The Devialet is however offers excellent sound quality. I bought it as a one box solution and after 9 months of problems with AIR, I bought a Melco to work as a streaming solution. To call the Devialet a streamer to me is misleading........but I guess thats beause I was one of the users where the AIR function was just unreliable.

One box solution?? definitely not. Amazing amp.....most definitely.

I think that calling it a one box solution even if AIR is working is wrong, a one box solution would to me mean that everything is built in even the streaming software and the controlpoint with AIR it is a 2 box solution, Devialet plus a computer but hey that is just me Wink

When I bougt my first 200 I never thougt of using AIR since I dont want to have a computer on everytime I want to listen to music so I went with the Aries and that was a good choice until Auralic decided to stop developing the app for Android so now one cant use their Lightnig DS app on Android to connect the Aries to Tidal only iOS works now Angry

So now I ither use Bubble UPnP to control my Aries or testing out ROON ready for 14 days trial period on ROON, this works ok but I am not shure if I want to have the computer on and run ROON on it but future will tell. If Devialet gets ROON Ready I would consider to have another computer that is on all of the time and runs ROON and I could get rid of my Aries.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

I am convinced that you can connect the NAS to the Devialet with a USB cable, and then use DS audio as a control APP.

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(13-Jan-2016, 15:21)Morten Wrote: I am convinced that you can connect the NAS to the Devialet with a USB cable, and then use DS audio as a control APP.

Kind regards

Morten

That would be interesting to test. Anyone?
I believe there is a NAS version of JRiver now. Has anyone tried this with a Devialet?
(13-Jan-2016, 15:21)Morten Wrote: I am convinced that you can connect the NAS to the Devialet with a USB cable, and then use DS audio as a control APP.

Kind regards

Morten

What is DS Audio?
(13-Jan-2016, 16:09)samurai7595 Wrote:

Kind regards

Morten

What is DS Audio?

What is Synologys streamer app on their NAS and I have tested to connect my Synology 213+ NAS with USB cable directly to my Devialet and that is no match for my Aries so that is not something i recomend if you are looking for really good sound with your Devialet but it will work that is correct.

Second system

Looked at JRiver's user forum. There have been some conversations with Synology but no status update since Nov 2015...