Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic streaming to D200/D250 question
Thanks Octaviars, that is good info.

Do you feel it is the implementation of the USB interface on the Synology that is the limiting factor or is it DS Audio that was the qualitative bottleneck in your opinion?
(13-Jan-2016, 16:18)pvanosta Wrote: Thanks Octaviars, that is good info.

Do you feel it is the implementation of the USB interface on the Synology that is the limiting factor or is it DS Audio that was the qualitative bottleneck in your opinion?

I think it lies in the hardware but that is only speculation from my side. A USB on a NAS is not built only for audio use so I dont think Synology has put in more effort on that so a dedicaded streamer with USB or AES output that is built only for audio is in my opinion the best thing to use with a Devialet.

When I tested ROON a while ago and cancelled my trial I talked to ROON about things that will come in the future like machines without the need for a computer to run the core they hinted that 2016 would be a intresting year for me so I am looking forward to see what will come. Maybe a streamer with a full functional ROON inside Tongue
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(13-Jan-2016, 17:22)I think it lies in the hardware but that is only speculation from my side. A USB on a NAS is not built only for audio use so I dont think Synology has put in more effort on that so a dedicaded streamer with USB or AES output that is built only for audio is in my opinion the best thing to use with a Devialet. Wrote: When I tested ROON a while ago and cancelled my trial I talked to ROON about things that will come in the future like machines without the need for a computer to run the core they hinted that 2016 would be a intresting year for me so I am looking forward to see what will come. Maybe a streamer with a full functional ROON inside Tongue

Thanks again,
Are there any others beside the Aries that you know of?
I use a Moon Mind180 as a streamer/renderer, connected via AES to a 250.
Its much improved using a clean 12v supply (from Teddy Pardo).

I tried AIR but had endless hassle with break ups and white noise.
Source is a 2012 Mac Mini running Twonky.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

(13-Jan-2016, 18:12)pvanosta Wrote:
(13-Jan-2016, 17:22)I think it lies in the hardware but that is only speculation from my side. A USB on a NAS is not built only for audio use so I dont think Synology has put in more effort on that so a dedicaded streamer with USB or AES output that is built only for audio is in my opinion the best thing to use with a Devialet. Wrote: When I tested ROON a while ago and cancelled my trial I talked to ROON about things that will come in the future like machines without the need for a computer to run the core they hinted that 2016 would be a intresting year for me so I am looking forward to see what will come. Maybe a streamer with a full functional ROON inside Tongue

Thanks again,
Are there any others beside the Aries that you know of?

I think that Bryston will ore ready are supporting ROON ready on their streamer but many more will come.

Quote:Broadening our outlook, software updates from IQ Audio, Small Green Computer, and Sonore, that will certify their devices as RoonReady, will reportedly land this month also.

Other manufacturers signing on for the RoonReady programme include Audio Alchemy, Bel Canto, Bryston, Cary Audio, Constellation Audio, dCS, Exasound, LH Labs, Lumin, PS Audio, SoTM, and TotalDAC.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...tnerships/

I have been looking at Sonor uRendu wich is only a device built for streaming services like ROON ready and is basicly a audiophile micro computer with Ethernet input and USB Audio output.

http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/%CE%BCRendu.html

The thing to consider is if you want to use USB ore AES input on your Devialet I know some that think AES is better but that will probably be from system to system and what cables you are using, with the Aries you have the option to choose, only thing is that AES is limited to 24/192 PCM and 2.8DSD but for now that is what Devialets AES input will fix so this is no problem. Perhaps Devialet will upgrade to 24/384PCM and 5.6DSD on the USB and then Aries will fix this on the USB output.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree