Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best cable speakers money can buy?
(14-Mar-2018, 04:14)Axel Wrote: Wouldn’t it be nice if, at some time in the future, our Devialets could be linked by Ethernet. It would be a cheap and effective way of positioning each amp close to each speaker and use very short runs of speaker cable.

Once they are Roon Raat, you could run them as seperate amps. You just don't get the power you would get from a dual mono setup.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Mar-2018, 08:25)Pim Wrote:
(14-Mar-2018, 04:14)Axel Wrote: Wouldn’t it be nice if, at some time in the future, our Devialets could be linked by Ethernet. It would be a cheap and effective way of positioning each amp close to each speaker and use very short runs of speaker cable.

Once they are Roon Raat, you could run them as seperate amps. You just don't get the power you would get from a dual mono setup.
That’s a good idea @Pim. I don’t think it’s worth losing the power though.
I shouldn’t be too expensive to get a long RCA/AES cable made up, but at 7m, which mine would have to be, I wonder whether there would be any signal loss? Sorry to go a bit OT on this.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
It seems there can be problems when using long master-slave cables at higher sample rates.  In this thread, it was found that a 3 m link cable didn't work above 96 kHz.  By "didn't work" I mean that the companion was silent, presumably because it didn't manage to recover a valid clock from the master.  It probably depends strongly on the cable and connectors, though.

[Edited to add link and correct my poorly-serving memory.]
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Oh, can Roon route individual stereo channels to different RAAT end-points?  That's clever, when they don't have complete control over the hardware.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(15-Mar-2018, 08:38)thumb5 Wrote:

Oh, can Roon route individual stereo channels to different RAAT end-points?  That's clever, when they don't have complete control over the hardware.

No, that's not what I meant. I didn't even think of that...Man I can be dopey sometimes... Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I just bye Van den hull the Wind mk 2 ,the work very fine vith my dynaudio C1 signature, the speakercables Cost about 3000 Danish krones ,it is about 460 dollar,for. 2x3 meter. And i Read that dynaudio use Van den hull inside ther speakers .so i giv it a try .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I tried on my system, naim nac5, acoustic zen satori, hms grande jubile top of the mine, silteck double crown, audience 24se is the best of all for the money hands down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(15-Mar-2018, 08:38)thumb5 Wrote:

If they are RAAT endpoints you would not need to do it. 

You can configure each Devialet in mono and configure one using only the right channel while the other would use only the left. 

Of course, you would have to adjust each channel separately from a volume perspective, and I am not sure that the time sync of RAAT is precise enough for a good stereo imaging, but that could be worth trying. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Some months ago I found Intelligent Sound speaker cable Silk 050S with Furutech CF-202 Rhodium connectors. Are they good? No, they are beyond everything I heard. Especially with their other equipment and G-Dis Reference which is a linear revelation.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
I have excellent results with a combination of chord sarum T digital interlink for the devialet 440 pro (with B&W 804 D3), the power and speaker cables from Triodewire labs.
For the powercables I used the "Obsession Series" and speakercables the b-wired version.
This combination produce a very balanced, rich and analog sound, with excellent resolution, dynamics and slam, never edged or harsh (highs are sweet in sound), soft or dull. Soundstage and depth is represented very well.