Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best router for Phantom?
Are you sure you require a mesh router? I Have a relatively inexpensive wifi 6 router that outperformed a Google mesh router by far. I use it with my streaming tv service, security system, smart bulbs etc and Reactors with excellent results.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(15-May-2021, 16:16)avta Wrote: Are you sure you require a mesh router? I Have a relatively inexpensive wifi 6 router that outperformed a Google mesh router by far. I use it with my streaming tv service, security system, smart bulbs etc and Reactors with excellent results.

WiFi 6 won't help if your wireless components are aren't compatible. Phantom in any flavor doesn't support WiFi 6. I use the ancient OnHub with ethernet backhaul with excellent results. Stable and easy to use. The only thing nagging is the move to the Google Home app. Less functionality and poorer UI. I'm seriously considering Ubiquiti, Orbi or Eero.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(15-May-2021, 16:16)avta Wrote: Are you sure you require a mesh router? I Have a relatively inexpensive wifi 6 router that outperformed a Google mesh router by far. I use it with my streaming tv service, security system, smart bulbs etc and Reactors with excellent results.

From a recent review, it appears that Devialet -- like an inattentive French waiter -- has finally realized that mesh routers can't be ignored anymore.