Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best streamer(s) alternatives for Devialet Air
(16-Oct-2015, 21:36)Morten Wrote: How are you using it, I also use it on my iPhone and iPad, and at highest bit rate it sounds brilliant, better than my local stored tracks on the devices, but they are also at 256kbits

Kind regards Morten

Use it through AIR from my laptop. It's the premium quality and I don't think it is anywhere near the quality of my lossless FLAC files......mind it's a lot of fun and pretty addictive
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Did you try what we call optical bridge In french ?
(16-Oct-2015, 22:20)Womaz Wrote:
(16-Oct-2015, 21:36)Morten Wrote: How are you using it, I also use it on my iPhone and iPad, and at highest bit rate it sounds brilliant, better than my local stored tracks on the devices, but they are also at 256kbits

Kind regards Morten

Use it through AIR from my laptop. It's the premium quality and I don't think it is anywhere near the quality of my lossless FLAC files......mind it's a lot of fun and pretty addictive

Premium quality is not as good as Tidal's Hifi quality, which is lossless FLAC quality.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(16-Oct-2015, 22:02)MusicLover Wrote:
(16-Oct-2015, 08:57)KraaijCheck Wrote: Hi all, was searching for a topic with different streamer options that level or top Air but couldn't find it. Curious witch streamer you guys think top Air for a reasonable price. Think this will be interesting for a lot of people because there is a lot of frustration over Air. Would be cool if everyone who has experience with external streamers could make an short list (top 3) on terms of price/quality. Hope we can get some input!

Hi!

As we share the same speakers and amplifier, I can only recommend you to give the X100 a try. If you are after a very detailed yet relaxed, airy, and meaty sound I think you will love it.
I can't talk for other USB cables (some insultingly expensive of you ask me) but I think it matches very well with the one from Totaldac (very black background/low noise floor).
I haven't tried other options, but of course, as always, if you can home demo, all the better.

What I have really noticed since I have the Aurender is that now I enjoy so much more well mastered standard CD resolution albums than with my previous computer setup, and to be honest I don't really miss Hi-res if not available... BTW, compared to Air, on my setup, the sound is significantly more holographic and physically present with the server.

Enjoy the search and keep us posted!

ML

Thanks! Can you tell me what your previous setup was? I now play with Roon from my iMac witch is connected to the Devialet with the Audioquest Coffee cable.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
What are the pro's and con's of the Moon Mind streamer? I have the Moon Mind 260d cd transport and think it matches and sounds amazing with the devialet.

To be honest, i'm not sure i want to spend a lot of money on a separate streamer because Air isn't stable. I really like the sound of my setup at the moment but there always is a little voice in my head thats talking to me and telling me it can be better.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(17-Oct-2015, 01:31)hk6230 Wrote:
(16-Oct-2015, 22:20)Womaz Wrote:

Kind regards Morten

Premium quality is not as good as Tidal's Hifi quality, which is lossless FLAC quality.

Sorry I have hifi quality, anyway we should not hijack this thread Big Grin My flac files on my NAS sound much better for some reason
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(17-Oct-2015, 06:20)KraaijCheck Wrote: What are the pro's and con's of the Moon Mind streamer? I have the Moon Mind 260d cd transport and think it matches and sounds amazing with the devialet.

To be Honest, i'm not sure i want to spend a lot of money on a separate streamer because Air isn't stable. I really like the sound of my setup at the moment but there always is a little voice in my head thats talking to me and telling me it can be better.

I seem to recall that the Moon streamer had a poor app. I did have it on my shortlist ( longlist) when i first got my 200/
(17-Oct-2015, 09:09)Womaz Wrote:
(17-Oct-2015, 06:20)KraaijCheck Wrote: What are the pro's and con's of the Moon Mind streamer? I have the Moon Mind 260d cd transport and think it matches and sounds amazing with the devialet.

To be Honest, i'm not sure i want to spend a lot of money on a separate streamer because Air isn't stable. I really like the sound of my setup at the moment but there always is a little voice in my head thats talking to me and telling me it can be better.

I seem to recall that the Moon streamer had a poor app. I did have it on my shortlist ( longlist) when i first got my 200/

Would it be possible to stream to for example te Moon Mind streamer with Roon? In that case a "bad" app isn't a problem anymore.
(17-Oct-2015, 15:36)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(17-Oct-2015, 09:09)Womaz Wrote:

Would it be possible to stream to for example te Moon Mind streamer with Roon? In that case a "bad" app isn't a problem anymore.

Later this year we're all hoping that 'RoonSpeakers' (or whatever it's called now) vendors will be announced. Right now it's a guess. Unless the Moon Mind has AirPlay in which case you can use it at 44.1.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

To be honest, i'm not sure i want to spend a lot of money on a separate streamer because Air isn't stable. I really like the sound of my setup at the moment but there always is a little voice in my head thats talking to me and telling me it can be better.

I am using the Moon MiND renderer with a Teddy Pardo 12/2 power supply and it,s sound is impressive good !
Although my current amplifier is a Pass Labs Int.150, I had the chance to try a D200 from my dealer and so I was able to try out the sonic performance of the Moon 180 MiND connected to the internal dac of the D200 by using a good digital AES/EBU interlink.
The good experiences I already had with the sonic performance of the 180 MiND/Teddy Pardo power supply were now even exeeded by the sonic performance of the 180 MiND with the internal dac of the D200 !

With the latest firmware updates the handling of the MiND controller app is stable and good without any problems and also the recent Tidal integration works very reliable without any problems at all.
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8