Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best streamer(s) alternatives for Devialet Air
(18-Oct-2015, 14:56)JeanF Wrote:
(17-Oct-2015, 06:20)KraaijCheck Wrote: What are the pro's and con's of the Moon Mind streamer? I have the Moon Mind 260d cd transport and think it matches and sounds amazing with the devialet.

To be honest, i'm not sure i want to spend a lot of money on a separate streamer because Air isn't stable. I really like the sound of my setup at the moment but there always is a little voice in my head thats talking to me and telling me it can be better.

I am using the Moon MiND renderer with a Teddy Pardo 12/2 power supply and it,s sound is impressive good !
Although my current amplifier is a Pass Labs Int.150, I had the chance to try a D200 from my dealer and so I was able to try out the sonic performance of the Moon 180 MiND connected to the internal dac of the D200 by using a good digital AES/EBU interlink.
The good experiences I already had with the sonic performance of the 180 MiND/Teddy Pardo power supply were now even exeeded by the sonic performance of the 180 MiND with the internal dac of the D200 !

With the latest firmware updates the handling of the MiND controller app is stable and good without any problems and also the recent Tidal integration works very reliable without any problems at all.

Did you had the chance to compare the Moon streamer with Air?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(18-Oct-2015, 15:15)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(18-Oct-2015, 14:56)JeanF Wrote:
(17-Oct-2015, 06:20)KraaijCheck Wrote: What are the pro's and con's of the Moon Mind streamer? I have the Moon Mind 260d cd transport and think it matches and sounds amazing with the devialet.

To be honest, i'm not sure i want to spend a lot of money on a separate streamer because Air isn't stable. I really like the sound of my setup at the moment but there always is a little voice in my head thats talking to me and telling me it can be better.

I am using the Moon MiND renderer with a Teddy Pardo 12/2 power supply and it,s sound is impressive good !
Although my current amplifier is a Pass Labs Int.150, I had the chance to try a D200 from my dealer and so I was able to try out the sonic performance of the Moon 180 MiND connected to the internal dac of the D200 by using a good digital AES/EBU interlink.
The good experiences I already had with the sonic performance of the 180 MiND/Teddy Pardo power supply were now even exeeded by the sonic performance of the 180 MiND with the internal dac of the D200 !

With the latest firmware updates the handling of the MiND controller app is stable and good without any problems and also the recent Tidal integration works very reliable without any problems at all.

Did you had the chance to compare the Moon streamer with Air?

No, unfortunately not... I had serious plans to make a comparison but I had not enough time for it. (dealer needed his demo D200 for another demo after I had it for a few days)
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

(16-Oct-2015, 08:57)KraaijCheck Wrote: Hi all, was searching for a topic with different streamer options that level or top Air but couldn't find it. Curious witch streamer you guys think top Air for a reasonable price. Think this will be interesting for a lot of people because there is a lot of frustration over Air. Would be cool if everyone who has experience with external streamers could make an short list (top 3) on terms of price/quality. Hope we can get some input!

Check out the AES/EBU output of Bryston BDP-2 with the new sound card.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
should have read Bryston bdp-2 streamer ?
Just taken delivery this week of the Auralic Aries Mini, it is a very reasonable £375 and sounds absolutely wonderful.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(13-Nov-2015, 20:04)misterpete Wrote: Just taken delivery this week of the Auralic Aries Mini, it is a very reasonable £375 and sounds absolutely wonderful.

Care to share any more thoughts on the Aries mini misterpete?

What were you using before and how does the sound quality compare?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Just discovered QAT RS 3 tonight at a dealer store in Paris. It seems excellent and has extractible HD in front 2T0. You can rip cd's easily and the App made by QAT to read music from phone or tablet is excellent.
1700 euros. Coaxial > Devialet

http://www.qat-audio.com/taste-info-id-16.html
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Not sure if these have been mentioned but the Bryston BDP-2 and the Aurender N100H are excellent digital streamers!

I own the Bryston and also had a chance to audition the Aurender.
Surely the Bryston does not have streaming facility? As far as I can make out it is purely a digital music player.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Here's another one.....

http://hifipig.com/aria-piccolo-music-server/
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12