Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best streaming solution
(15-Oct-2018, 15:57)Paperman Wrote: yes I understand, the question is: if I use the iMac, I have to install the software Devialet AIR or is integrated in the Roon Server software?
Again, if both options are correct, there are differences in term of SQ?
Thank you.

If you're using Roon to stream to Devialet via AIR, definitely use Roon AIR instead of Devialet AIR.   At least, in my opionion, it is far more of a solid solution (although Devialet did improve Devialet AIR in the last iteration).   

I've used both (via a Win 10 PC) and I don't hear a difference (other than, of course, Devialet AIR occasionally glitching).

If you do use Roon AIR, you definitely want to turn off Devialet AIR or, better yet, just uninstall it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I agree, given your proposed setup, go with Roon AIR if you decide to go with Roon, it is built in.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Very clear, thank to all, I will let you know!
Wilson Benesch Circle>Shelter 301 II | Devialet LE 200 | Roon>ROCK>NUC7i3 | Wilson Benesch Square Two | Sennheiser HD6XX
- Italy -
I use Devialet Air from a MacBook Pro 2018 and I’ve never had one glitch, sending up to 24/192 from Qobuz OS X.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(16-Oct-2018, 07:01)Paperman Wrote: Very clear, thank to all, I will let you know!

So... how did it go?
I just set up a new 6-Core Mac Mini i7 to run Roon and to stream to my Devialet via Ethernet. Roon runs absolutely flawlessly. I do like Roon‘s incorporated AIR, since it allows to control the volume remotely from my iPad. So far, the system runs like a charm.
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
Finally I decide to go with a NUC 7th gen i3 (my library is small-medium for Roon standard) with only ROCK OS. The files are in a dedicate NAS and the Devialet is connected via Ethernet at the network.
Everything works great, also with DSD64 resolution, and the sound quality is better that Wi-Fi and also than iMac connected by USB.
Thank you!
Alberto
Wilson Benesch Circle>Shelter 301 II | Devialet LE 200 | Roon>ROCK>NUC7i3 | Wilson Benesch Square Two | Sennheiser HD6XX
- Italy -
(29-Dec-2018, 12:24)Paperman Wrote: Finally I decide to go with a NUC 7th gen i3 (my library is small-medium for Roon standard) with only ROCK OS. The files are in a dedicate NAS and the Devialet is connected via Ethernet at the network.
Everything works great, also with DSD64 resolution, and the sound quality is better that Wi-Fi and also than iMac connected by USB.
Thank you!
Alberto

Hi Alberto, What's your experiences with the three options with ROON you previously mentioned and what makes you made the move to the dedicate NUC server? I'm interested as I also have a QNAP NAS which I installed ROON app and also my iPad, I have not got it all working, is it all it requires is the D200 connected to network, ROON on NAS as server then iPad with ROON as control? Am I missing something?
I decide to move to NUC server + basic NAS because it cost less than a QNAP/Synology NAS (with "Roon-ready" specifications) and the performance of the system is better. I can also run ROCK server (NOT W10) instead a basic Roon Server.
For the best performance with NAS you have also to use one slot (or an external drive) with an SSD with Roon Server installed.
So the balance is for the NUC.

Yes you are right, the D200, the iPad and the NAS with Roon Server must be on the same Wi-Fi.
You have only to oper Roon Remote on the iPad, it will search all the Core on your network so you will able to select the right one (maybe the only one....). After that you have to select your output device (the Devialet) on the "setting" menu. It's very simple.
Alberto
- Italy -
(15-Oct-2018, 19:24)mdconnelly Wrote:
(15-Oct-2018, 15:57)Paperman Wrote: yes I understand, the question is: if I use the iMac, I have to install the software Devialet AIR or is integrated in the Roon Server software?
Again, if both options are correct, there are differences in term of SQ?
Thank you.

If you're using Roon to stream to Devialet via AIR, definitely use Roon AIR instead of Devialet AIR.   At least, in my opionion, it is far more of a solid solution (although Devialet did improve Devialet AIR in the last iteration).   

I've used both (via a Win 10 PC) and I don't hear a difference (other than, of course, Devialet AIR occasionally glitching).

If you do use Roon AIR, you definitely want to turn off Devialet AIR or, better yet, just uninstall it.
Sorry have to ask ......im back home after a long period and start to play with my roon set up again Sad
In Roon you can choose  either Roon ETH or Roon AIR....whats the different since both need a Ethernet cable to communicate with the Devialet ? (if dev air module is shuttet down)

do i miss something here,i have shuttet down devialet air module
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"