Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big changes - the little system grew up!
After almost 40 years in this hobby, my little (simple) Devialet D200 and Focal Utopia Diablo system morphed...

Before and after pix - yes , there was a house change for the better too ;-)

I blame my buddy Matt from Portland coming to visit with a second D200 and worse, a pair of Synergistic Research Galileo UEF power cords.  I'd not upgraded a damn thing in almost three years.  Running down the rabbit-hole as fast as I can.  But boy, what a change and on the verge of bliss.  Upgrading to the Magico S5 has been the biggest difference by far and it's a huge step forward. Absolutely stunning.

By the time my D400 comes back later this month as a D440 and I've sourced a decent Ethernet cable I'll be just about there.  Maybe speaker cables from SR Atmosphere Euphoria to Galileo UEF, maybe an SR Powercell SX either direct from the wall or fed by the lithium, Some more evaluations to come...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1Gb Fiber/Comcast WiFi6 router with Linear Power Supply- Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Intel NUC817BEH with linear power supply and silver cabling - Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Etherregen - Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Goal Zero Yeti 1400 lithium power generator - Devialet D400 with Synergistic Research Galileo UEF power cables on self-designed three-stage isolation stand - Stealth Audio Sextet V14 digital RCA - Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria speaker cables - Magico S5 - Pair JL Audio Fathom F112 and Stealth Audio M7000 Power Cables, Synergistic Research Sub cable - 7mx9m room, treated with acoustic panels, Synergistic Research HFT on speakers and walls (stage3), Synergistic Research Black Box,  All cables on wooden block risers

Yes - everything matters!
Sensational system! Thankjs very much for posting- any details about your DIY isolation system?
Hope the upgrade is everything you're after- mine was definitely a good thing.
I am pretty keen to hear some Magicos.....
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(01-Jan-2021, 03:25)ICUDoc Wrote: Sensational system! Thankjs very much for posting- any details about your DIY isolation system?
Hope the upgrade is everything you're after- mine was definitely a good thing.
I am pretty keen to hear some Magicos.....

The stand/base the Devialets sit on is a box within a box (base with sides and a lid) such that the base and the lid are independent and "float" on a bed of sand. This sits on floor spikes firmly into the subfloor. The Devialet themselves sit on constrained layer damping blocks - MP-2E - DiversiTech MP-2E - E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad, 2" x 2" x 7/8" (supplyhouse.com)
They make nice cable risers too!
1Gb Fiber/Comcast WiFi6 router with Linear Power Supply- Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Intel NUC817BEH with linear power supply and silver cabling - Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Etherregen - Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Goal Zero Yeti 1400 lithium power generator - Devialet D400 with Synergistic Research Galileo UEF power cables on self-designed three-stage isolation stand - Stealth Audio Sextet V14 digital RCA - Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria speaker cables - Magico S5 - Pair JL Audio Fathom F112 and Stealth Audio M7000 Power Cables, Synergistic Research Sub cable - 7mx9m room, treated with acoustic panels, Synergistic Research HFT on speakers and walls (stage3), Synergistic Research Black Box,  All cables on wooden block risers

Lovely system! Subs with the Magico S5s needed?

Also, are you in the PNW since you mentioned Portland?
Hey from portland

I wonder, how did you calculate the weight ratio to the vibration ? I was under the impression these bricks designed for relatively high mass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25-Jan-2021, 00:35)sfdude Wrote: Lovely system! Subs with the Magico S5s needed?

Also, are you in the PNW since you mentioned Portland?

Eugene, OR

Sub's lowpass filtered to only play below 80Hz.  Really fleshes out the lowest notes but also more surprisingly fleshes out the soundstage.

(25-Jan-2021, 02:01)no32 Wrote: Hey from portland

I wonder, how did you calculate the weight ratio to the vibration ? I was under the impression these bricks designed for relatively high mass

I'm simply using the 2x2 pads for cable support. About to invest in a set of the Iso Acoustics Orea Bronze for the D440, seem to be getting great reviews especially here.  I'm still working on what is the optimal cable support, though it sure makes a noticeable difference with and without.

(30-Jan-2021, 00:25)LeeC Wrote:
(25-Jan-2021, 02:01)no32 Wrote: Hey from portland

I'm simply using the 2x2 pads for cable support. About to invest in a set of the Iso Acoustics Orea Bronze for the D440, seem to be getting great reviews especially here.  I'm still working on what is the optimal cable support, though it sure makes a noticeable difference with and without.

Oh wow , very nice , I’m not putting any effort into cables ( even when they make a big deference )
I remember playing with XLO cables and somehow isolating them from the floor was the most dramatic effect on the results, to me it always seems like a bad design