Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Phantoms selling well?
Back on the topic of are Phantoms selling well? When I talk to normal human beings (non audiophile types), almost without exception they have never heard of Devialet, and for those that have, it is usually only because they have heard me mention the brand.

I did recently have one colleague who mentioned that they went out looking at options for a new 'high quality stereo system' at the weekend. Where did they look? John Lewis, that was it, and they don't sell Phantoms. I think Phantoms are completely off radar for the vast majority of people.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(03-Aug-2016, 17:42)Confused Wrote: So why does the White Phantom have white bass drivers, the Silver has silver (metallic) bass drivers, then the Gold has white (plastic?) drivers? A little curious, does anyone know why?

This has actually triggered my light OCD quite a bit. :-) Phantom White has white drivers. Phantom Silver has silver drivers. Phantom Gold has .... white drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-Aug-2016, 18:12)martinskeem Wrote:
(03-Aug-2016, 17:42)Confused Wrote: So why does the White Phantom have white bass drivers, the Silver has silver (metallic) bass drivers, then the Gold has white (plastic?) drivers?  A little curious, does anyone know why?

This has actually triggered my light OCD quite a bit. :-) Phantom White has white drivers. Phantom Silver has silver drivers. Phantom Gold has .... white drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the White Phantom has chrome side plates. Explain that! It's probably a big conspiracy! Wink
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage