Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
I use an iPad to control a Melco N1A (recently upgraded to EX, minim server). It’s connected to my 220 by USB and last night when the battery ran out on the iPad, the music stopped playing. Out of ignorance I then thought “I hope the music isn’t going from the Melco to the iPad to the Devialet”. Can someone explain how it works for my simple mind?

Also the iPad control of the Melco seems quite primitive and will periodically ‘lose the Melco’ where I have to restart the app and go back through the whole directory to get to the music I was playing. All three components are in the same Wi-Fi router.
(01-Jul-2021, 08:09)Decameron Wrote: I use an iPad to control a Melco N1A (recently upgraded to EX, minim server). It’s connected to my 220 by USB and last night when the battery ran out on the iPad, the music stopped playing. Out of ignorance I then thought “I hope the music isn’t going from the Melco to the iPad to the Devialet”. Can someone explain how it works for my simple mind?

Also the iPad control of the Melco seems quite primitive and will periodically ‘lose the Melco’ where I have to restart the app and go back through the whole directory to get to the music I was playing. All three components are in the same Wi-Fi router.

Hi, which app are you using?

Melco playlist:
The playlist can either be saved on Melco N1 (mode 1 = Open Home), so that the playlist can also be saved when the app is  not in contact or the playlist is saved on the app (mode 0 = UPNP) when the  App requires it.

Mode 1 (Open Home) Playlist is saved on Melco, the app does not always have to be connected!
  The setting is: Mode 1 for USB mode !!
App:  Kazoo, Lumin, Kinsky

Mode 0 (UPNP) playlist is saved on the iPad!  iPad must always be connected
  App: Melco HD, AK Connect

Melco manual from page 36!

https://s39591790a002dc93.jimcontent.com...Manual.pdf

Configuring the Mode for Managing USB-DAC Using Controller App
By default, “Hybrid Mode” is selected and it supports many types of controller apps. However, depending on the controller app you are using, we recommend changing the controller settings to “UPnP/DLNA compatible Mode”, “Playlist Mode”, or “Roon Ready Mode” instead. It will optimize communication between the Digital Music Library and the controller app.
• UPnP/DLNA compatible Mode: Select when your controller app is UPnP/DLNA-compatible.
• Playlist Mode: Select when your controller app is not UPnP/DLNA-compatible, and is not by Roon Labs LLC.
• Roon Ready Mode: Select when your controller app is by Roon Labs LLC.
Note: If the selected controller mode is not set to “Hybrid Mode” and is different from the one on the controller app, the Digital Music Library may not appear as a player on the app.
To change the controller settings, follow the procedure below.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(01-Jul-2021, 16:08)K4680 Wrote:
(01-Jul-2021, 08:09)Decameron Wrote: I use an iPad to control a Melco N1A (recently upgraded to EX, minim server). It’s connected to my 220 by USB and last night when the battery ran out on the iPad, the music stopped playing. Out of ignorance I then thought “I hope the music isn’t going from the Melco to the iPad to the Devialet”. Can someone explain how it works for my simple mind?

Melco playlist:
The playlist can either be saved on Melco N1 (mode 1 = Open Home), so that the playlist can also be saved when the app is  not in contact or the playlist is saved on the app (mode 0 = UPNP) when the  App requires it.

Mode 1 (Open Home) Playlist is saved on Melco, the app does not always have to be connected!

By default, “Hybrid Mode” is selected and it supports many types of controller apps. However, depending on the controller app you are using, we recommend changing the controller settings to “UPnP/DLNA compatible Mode”, “Playlist Mode”, or “Roon Ready Mode” instead. It will optimize communication between the Digital Music Library and the controller app.
• UPnP/DLNA compatible Mode: Select when your controller app is UPnP/DLNA-compatible.
• Playlist Mode: Select when your controller app is not UPnP/DLNA-compatible, and is not by Roon Labs LLC.
Note: If the selected controller mode is not set to “Hybrid Mode” and is different from the one on the controller app, the Digital Music Library may not appear as a player on the app.

I use the Melco app with the N1 set to hybrid mode.
(04-Jul-2021, 16:26)Decameron Wrote:
(01-Jul-2021, 16:08)K4680 Wrote:

Melco playlist:

I use the Melco app with the N1 set to hybrid mode.
Hi, try the Linn Kazoo app. The Kazzo works with me without any problems, before i switched to ROON!

Browsing and selecting music, as well as the player transport functions, are accessed by a UPnP Control Point. When a USB DAC is connected to the Melco, after initiation, the Melco will advertise as a UPnP Renderer on the network. Any UPnP control point can see the player therefore and will allow searching and control. Depending on the capabilities of the control point – there are two possible modes of control. Control is set on the Melco (Settings - USB-DAC – Controller - Mode0 or Mode1 or HYBRID).

Mode 0 Apps (UPnP)
MELCO Music HD
BubbleUPnP
mConnect Player

Mode 1 Apps (OpenHome)
Bubble UPnP
Kazoo

Other App may work. Those above are MELCO checked to work with Music Library Local USB Player function.
- Hybrid mode allows the Melco to automatically select Mode 0 or Mode 1 according to the App that is trying to connect – making the
whole experience much simpler.
- Mode 0 locates the playlist on the App device itself (meaning if the app loses comms the player stops).
- Mode 1 locates the Playlist on the Melco (This means that the playlist is maintained even if the App should lose comms on the network). When playing through USB, the Melco will display the track information and sample rate on the front OLED display.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
What does Mode 0 offer that Mode 1 does not?

Presumably 'Hybrid' is actually both Modes 0 and 1 operating at the same time as, if connectivity is lost, it would be impossible to establish a playlist on the Melco at that point. It must have been done beforehand.
(05-Jul-2021, 09:16)fraserhadden Wrote: What does Mode 0 offer that Mode 1 does not?

Presumably 'Hybrid' is actually both Modes 0 and 1 operating at the same time as, if connectivity is lost, it would be impossible to establish a playlist on the Melco at that point. It must have been done beforehand.

Hi, the hybrid mode is not entirely compatible with some apps. That is why melco has also tested what works with Mod 0 and Mod 1.
Germany / Bavaria
New Melco Firmware 4.20

[Home screen]
Additionally to MAC OS, Windows10 1803 takes care of mDNS.
So to improve connectivity, MELCO friendly name on front display shows including “.local” in case it is connected to local network.
The way to access from PC does not change, so enter “\\N-nnnn.local” or “smb://N-nnnn.local” to access to the Music Library.
(*”nnnn” will change depends on the machine)

[Media Server]
-Improved access stability of MinimServer2 starter edition

[Downloader]
-qubuz downloader implemented. If OpenHome streaming account is already used, the account can be used for setting downloader.

[Markerless DSD]
-New USB-DACs are added.
Technics SU-R1000
TEAC UD-701N

[Other]
-Adjustment for the new models released after Ver. 4.10 release.

https://www.melco-audio.com/downloads/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Germany / Bavaria
I think I found out why switching my iPad off stopped the music when the Melco was apparently playing via the USB input of the 220.

[Image: mqfJYmd.jpg]