Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth turntables
Has anyone tried one? I am looking at the Project Essential 111 BT or maybe the cheaper Sony. I appreciate the quality will not match a decent ‘normal’ TT with a phono stage.
I cannot give you any first hand experience, but I doubt it will work. I have tried to connect my turntable with an external Bluetooth transmitter, but it did not connect. It seems a more advanced device (mobile/computer) is necessary to register successfully with the Phantom. So I would really make sure it works before.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(10-Aug-2019, 18:53)Rodrat2 Wrote: Has anyone tried one? I am looking at the Project Essential 111 BT or maybe the cheaper Sony. I appreciate the quality will not match a decent ‘normal’ TT with a phono stage.

Can't talk about BT, but I have the Project Essential II Digital connected to my Golds and I'm happy with the sound. I imagine the Project Essential III BT would be as good as any BT source.
I am not so much concerned about the SQ given BT has it’s limits, I am more concerned about whether a BT turntable will actually connect with the Phantoms. I rang Devialet and they were not able to advise which I thought was a bit strange.