Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookshelf recommendation for Expert Pro 220CI
Hi guys, 
what would you recommend for bookshelf speakers to be connected on Expert Pro 220 CI. 
The room size is 7,5m x 4,5 m (around 33 square meters). I already listened Expert Pro on Floorstanders (Dynaudio) and know that floorstander will fit better for this room size, but, somehow don't like floorstanders Smile in living room. 
I have narrowed my search towards: 
- Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 
It is OK to attach a sub.  

Would you suggest something other? Or, out of these 3 reveal your favorite Smile 

Listening to the jazz /ambient/piano. 

Thanks
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(21-Oct-2022, 22:31)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: Hi guys, 
what would you recommend for bookshelf speakers to be connected on Expert Pro 220 CI. 
The room size is 7,5m x 4,5 m (around 33 square meters). I already listened Expert Pro on Floorstanders (Dynaudio) and know that floorstander will fit better for this room size, but, somehow don't like floorstanders Smile in living room. 
- Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 

Would you suggest something other? Or, out of these 3 reveal your favorite Smile 

Thanks
Zoran
I used to have a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3 SE. They were superb allrounders given their size, work well fairly close to the back wall which reinforces the bass if you get the positioning just right. They were on Partington Heavi 1 stands which certainly lived up to their name. I had one guy listen to my system who asked me where my sub was. I kid you not. 
They only made 250 pairs so you’re unlikely to find any, but you might find a pair of non SE variant.  

I think that out of your short list, the TAD ME1 pique my fancy. 

Happy hunting, Zoran.        
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I might be projecting one of my dream speakers here, but how about the KEF Referance 1 Meta.
I was going to mention the KEF LS50 Meta, but i noticed your budget is quite abit higher.
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX
(21-Oct-2022, 22:31)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: - Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 

All these speakers are a (much) better match with your Pass & Lampi than with Devialet.

BTW, Oscar Trio is a floorstander.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(21-Oct-2022, 22:31)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: what would you recommend for bookshelf speakers to be connected on Expert Pro 220 CI.

If the 220 is the amp to be used I'd definitely go for something in Devialet's SAM database.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It's a floor stander but the looks might persuade you (or totally put you off) Vivid Audio Kaya 25. You won't find clearer highs and mid range. You might want a sub.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Oct-2022, 20:51)ogs Wrote:
(21-Oct-2022, 22:31)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: what would you recommend for bookshelf speakers to be connected on Expert Pro 220 CI.

If the 220 is the amp to be used I'd definitely go for something in Devialet's SAM database.

Hi @ogs
many thanks for sharing your opinion. Yes, 220 PRO CI, will be in use. As for SAM I read different opinions. Would like my next speakers to be on the list, of course, but if not at the time being, hope they will be in the near future Smile
best
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(22-Oct-2022, 09:19)Axel Wrote:
(21-Oct-2022, 22:31)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: Hi guys, 
- Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 

Thanks
Zoran
I used to have a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3 SE. They were superb allrounders given their size, work well fairly close to the back wall which reinforces the bass if you get the positioning just right. They were on Partington Heavi 1 stands which certainly lived up to their name. I had one guy listen to my system who asked me where my sub was. I kid you not. 
They only made 250 pairs so you’re unlikely to find any, but you might find a pair of non SE variant.  

I think that out of your short list, the TAD ME1 pique my fancy. 

Happy hunting, Zoran.
Hi @Axel
many thanks for this recommendation and the pictures attached. Highly appreciate it. I had a dealer nearby and I will visit the store in the next couple of days. You say that even bookshelves, they have fairly good bass?   
The price is fair enough. 
Have a nice day 
Zoran
(22-Oct-2022, 11:46)Stian_Gel Wrote: I might be projecting one of my dream speakers here, but how about the KEF Referance 1 Meta.
I was going to mention the KEF LS50 Meta, but i noticed your budget is quite abit higher.

Hi @Stian_Gel
thanks for the interesting advice. I didn't set my mind on Kef. Seems to me that Meta Series loudspeakers are a great choice. 
I put the upper limit of $ 10K, but would accept cheaper speakers as well. The price is not always a reflection of the quality or musical preference. 
Let me ask you: have you had a chance to listen to Meta 1 speakers? 
have a nice day 
Zoran
(22-Oct-2022, 20:58)Pim Wrote: It's a floor stander but the looks might persuade you (or totally put you off) Vivid Audio Kaya 25. You won't find clearer highs and mid range. You might want a sub.

Hi @Pim
many thanks for the suggestion. 
Well, yes, as for Vivid, I haven't had a chance to listen to those speakers, but read on so many forums on the internet that Devialet + Vivid are the perfect marriage Smile 
Design, hmmm .. somehow not impressed, but on the other hand, doesn't look like the usual floorstander speaker. Maybe when I see them in the store, I will change my mind. 
Definitely will give it a try to Vivid.  
Best
Zoran